College coaches at Showcases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
sophomore year

Do you guys think most recruiting starts at 16u or 14u? When did it start for you all? The skills videos, emailing coaches etc? May not be the best thread for this but curious
We started our sophomore year and did her video later that spring. I wish we would have started sooner though because of injuries and illness DD missed a lot of that year. You never know what's going to happen so start making relationships early.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Do you guys think most recruiting starts at 16u or 14u? When did it start for you all? The skills videos, emailing coaches etc? May not be the best thread for this but curious

I would recommend getting started at 2nd year 14U and be ready to go "hard core" first year 16U.

Jul 31, 2011

Depends on the situation: if your DD is talented enough and interested in top 25-ish schools, then it definitely starts earlier (13/14 years of age). Go to Goldfastpitch.com and check out the verbal commitments of the schools you are interested in. Some schools are into 2019s already (Penn State, for example) while many are still looking at 2016s. DII and DIII schools typically wait until players are sophomores/juniors. My DD is 2nd year 14U and started the process towards the end of 1st year 14U.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves