It's not what you know, it's WHO the coaches know.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2015
Fool me once...you know the rest of the story.

I was speaking with an Asst coach (passed away recently) and he said that almost ALL coaches have any no idea who is a good fit for their program. Sounds like he's been fooled a few times. This is what I mean, when I have said some players "trick" their way onto teams. You know those head scratcher kids that you wonder how they got verballed to certain programs?

People are terrible judges of talent.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
btw, this forum is worth its money in gold. It's totally free and available to all. Most won't come here but those that do are rewarded with great knowledge. There is so much experience shared in a fun, serious, and totally fun way that most of us would never be have the opportunity at the field during long practices, games and tourneys.
They don't come here because they don't know how to read or at least have no desire to read and learn because they truly believe they already know it all. In my small sample size (DD playing TB for 3 years in so cal) estimates that at least halve the TB coaches I have seen are dumber than a box of rocks and have zero redeemable value. How they got to be coaches and how they remain being coaches is a mystery to me.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Back in DD's TB playing days, I would be my typical social self with the parents in the stands during practices. When I started talking about something that I may have learned on here or somewhere else the parents looked at me like a "chicken looking at a card trick" not having a clue about anything. After a while, they would start coming to ask about all things softball. I took Softball and the recruiting thing pretty serious and did lots of research as I had no clue back in the DD's 8th grade year when you had to start the journey. The key thing is, I did a little bit EVERY DAY! There is so much to this 10 headed monster as it relates to recruiting, softball programs-in state, out of state, etc. that it would be impossible to sit down with someone in a one hour session and tell them everything that I have learned. And it's always changing!

That's the beauty of this site...It's ALL documented by people that have shared experiences that have come before us. Knowledge is power!

Jun 8, 2016
Back in DD's TB playing days, I would be my typical social self with the parents in the stands during practices. When I started talking about something that I may have learned on here or somewhere else the parents looked at me like a "chicken looking at a card trick" not having a clue about anything. After a while, they would start coming to ask about all things softball. I took Softball and the recruiting thing pretty serious and did lots of research as I had no clue back in the DD's 8th grade year when you had to start the journey. The key thing is, I did a little bit EVERY DAY! There is so much to this 10 headed monster as it relates to recruiting, softball programs-in state, out of state, etc. that it would be impossible to sit down with someone in a one hour session and tell them everything that I have learned. And it's always changing!

That's the beauty of this site...It's ALL documented by people that have shared experiences that have come before us. Knowledge is power!
Lol..Ok I apologize if I was not deferential enough..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi