Catchers Code of Conduct - DFP Version

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
As a corollary, become a novice psychotherapist to help with this;)

The catcher also needs to be able to calm the pitcher down after her dad, an AC, comes to the circle with a mouthful of sunflower seeds and a bad case of turrets ranting about how DD spends too much time with her boyfriend and that is why she is getting behind every batter and just walked the bases loaded, then gave up a grand slam.....

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
The catcher also needs to be able to calm the pitcher down after her dad, an AC, comes to the circle with a mouthful of sunflower seeds and a bad case of turrets ranting about how DD spends too much time with her boyfriend and that is why she is getting behind every batter and just walked the bases loaded, then gave up a grand slam.....

I quickly learned not to do that, lol. I just try to get them to relax. Half my visits were to slow the pitcher down. Also one pitcher reacted well when we threw math problems at her.

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW

JAD, are you speaking from experience? For some reason I think I just saw may future flash in front of me.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD, are you speaking from experience? For some reason I think I just saw may future flash in front of me.

My DD and I look back at some of our past "conferences" and laugh. I pushed her hard, and while my style with her was not for everyone, I believe it helped mold her into the player she is today. I just wish we had some video of the sunflower seeds flying out of my mouth during one of my rants.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I had a Pitcher that always got tight in stressful situations like walking several batters in a row. Her parents were pretty laid back and their Dd was like mine, around friends and close family they would really let loose...literally. So I downloaded a fart app. Put my phone in my pocket for every circle visit in these situations, and I would set it for a 10 second delay. My timing was usually perfect. DD and the pitcher would laugh their collective butts off and the tension would go away. She turned into a great pitcher and has a couple of D2 offers and a small D1. She's decided to forego college SB in the interests of her Pre-Med major and wants to become a cardiac surgeon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck