Can't find any brush instructors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
changeup_zps725d7224.gif

Sorry to get off topic but what pitch is this?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Please just name one great current pitcher you think does not use a brush move on full speed pitches. The CU is the one exception where I see brush diminished or eliminated, but then again you are trying to scrub speed on that pitch so it makes sense.

Just one. Name one and I will gladly change my opinion to "brush interference is a style not an absolute". But for God's sake, at least acknowledge that you see that it is very effective for some great pitchers so it could not be that bad.

and it is not a full stop, it is a fluid motion, which is why you think you see Ueno's arm away from her body. It happens so fast and is so fluid that it looks like the arm is not in contact but the slow mo does not lie.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
The technique is NOT being done on every pitch type,

Of course not, the change-up as JJ notes is a clear exception for most pitchers. In fact DD's PC says you want no brush on CU to take out the whip which creates a large part of the velocity.

DD hasn't learned a screw yet but my guess is there is little or no brush on screw as well but that's just my guess.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Of course not, the change-up as JJ notes is a clear exception for most pitchers. In fact DD's PC says you want no brush on CU to take out the whip which creates a large part of the velocity.

DD hasn't learned a screw yet but my guess is there is little or no brush on screw as well but that's just my guess.

I don't think that's true with all change-ups. I'm having success with one of my pitchers throwing a knuckle change just like she does her fastball. Catching for her I see her really selling it as it looks just like her fastball delivery, brush and all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55