Big 10 Votes To Cancel Fall Sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2016
Reserving judgement until they release their pan. Don't really see any issue moving it to spring for now. The logistics of it are a nightmare. Moving that many people place to place is just much harder and more expensive than its worth.

May 23, 2015
Totally agree. I had to laugh yesterday when I saw one of the crawls on TV mention that rules were agreed at a university that no keg parties would be allowed. Yeah good luck on that one.
Tinder and Walmart causes covid also. Shut them down also

Jun 26, 2020
Reserving judgement until they release their pan. Don't really see any issue moving it to spring for now. The logistics of it are a nightmare. Moving that many people place to place is just much harder and more expensive than its worth.
It's going to be a nightmare. Billions are being lost. The trickle down will be staggering especially for smaller schools. The MAC shut down because they weren't going to get a payday being a power 5 punching bag this season

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tough call no matter what. A friend of mine posted on FB yesterday hoping that high school football would be cancelled so that his daughter wouldn't be expected to be present as a cheerleader. Moments later the same friend posted prom pictures from Saturday. Daughter with at lest 15 close friends and no masks. Many of the same friends she would be cheering with. Go figure...

May 23, 2015
It's going to be a nightmare. Billions are being lost. The trickle down will be staggering especially for smaller schools. The MAC shut down because they weren't going to get a payday being a power 5 punching bag this season
The devils in the details
"
Central Michigan, Bowling Green, Ball State and Northern Illinois each had two games this season against Big Ten teams.
Bowling Green was due $2.2 million — $1.2 million for playing Ohio State on Sept. 5, and $1 million for playing Illinois on Sept. 19"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13