Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Don't worry rain will take care of it :ROFLMAO:
Well she has one next weekend too so all that means is I will be able to be profane on here all next week too..
Anyway, I got this off track my apologies

OsL7gsR.gif

Apr 11, 2015
The ‘across’ got her flat ??? Changed the timing ? I’m not sure.
Or could just be clip selection. She looks early on the first (almost like an OS pause), and on time with the second. I like the second one also...stayed "back" much better as you mentioned ("former is less FYB").

May 24, 2013
So Cal
W=w...Grey swing gives me the feels of maintaining her weight on the rear side longer (I like that), but is pulling with the front side. The front side pull became a real issue for my DD, leading to a giant hole on low-out, and pulling the barrel laterally across the ball through contact. It also resulted in a similar flatter bat path. Maybe this will work well for your DD. It didn't for mine.

Thanks for posting video.

Jun 8, 2016
Should we start a GoFundMe account for Marcela's new hitting instructor. ;):ROFLMAO:
She has been playing with a handicap since the beginning...luckily I don't think she listens to me anyway. Only thing I ever did which has been beneficial is marry somebody who is athletic (and blind obviously).

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
W=w...Grey swing gives me the feels of maintaining her weight on the rear side longer (I like that), but is pulling with the front side. The front side pull became a real issue for my DD, leading to a giant hole on low-out, and pulling the barrel laterally across the ball through contact. It also resulted in a similar flatter bat path. Maybe this will work well for your DD. It didn't for mine.

Thanks for posting video.

Eric, do you have an example of your daughters swing where the front side pulled off ? Was she abaf ?

The reason I ask is if in a good position one should be able to turn on the inside and go with the outside.

Which is what Bonds is referring to here in his commentary.

WilWtlj.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, do you have an example of your daughters swing where the front side pulled off ?

I'd have to go digging through my phone for video. I had a good shot from behind during a game swing, and it was clear how her front shoulder was pulling her head arm, which was pulling her hands laterally during contact. For my DD, getting away from that involved changing the focus more to the rear hip. It works for her. Everyone is built differently.

Apr 11, 2015
I'd have to go digging through my phone for video. I had a good shot from behind during a game swing, and it was clear how her front shoulder was pulling her head arm, which was pulling her hands laterally during contact. For my DD, getting away from that involved changing the focus more to the rear hip. It works for her. Everyone is built differently.
I noticed this as well with many of my hitters, and where the term, "Hit the ball with your rear hip" came from.

Too many young hitters I found focused more on aiming/swinging the bat at the ball with the hands or shoulders, and thus lead with the upper half instead of the lower half as Ted recommend..."The hips lead the hands".