Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Maybe it is just my eyes, but the Votto pitch seems a little more "in" to me. That will also be a factor in bat angle. Posture is probably the biggest difference. Soto's stride is longer, getting him lower to the ground.
The longer the stride the harder it is to TTB N/S. I agree with posture

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So I’ve been experimenting with my kids path. She has been a N/S path player for awhile. The cue was always ‘oppo, down to level through’ ‘barrel up’ etc... I have given her a different cue of ‘Oppo, down and across the body’ like an OH path and almost instantly got a flatter path. Maybe the body organizing a different way to complete the task? Or a timing thing changed? I can’t quite figure it out.

1589548997747.gif

1589549116224.gif

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
So I’ve been experimenting with my kids path. She has been a N/S path player for awhile. The cue was always ‘oppo, down to level through’ ‘barrel up’ etc... I have given her a different cue of ‘Oppo, down and across the body’ like an OH path and almost instantly got a flatter path. Maybe the body organizing a different way to complete the task? Or a timing thing changed? I can’t quite figure it out.

View attachment 17671

View attachment 17672
She cold? What is it, 80 there? CA wimps... :LOL:

FYI I like the current swing better although it may just be a aesthetic thing with regards to bat angle at launch..

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017

View attachment 17671

View attachment 17672
It may be angles but of the camera but her shoulder plane is different. I think we are going to have to see some metrics on which style produces more power. Both swings appear to be on plane.

My guess is the flatter path is going to produce more pull hits. More power but the more north south swing will provide more versatility to hitting to all fields.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

View attachment 17671

View attachment 17672

WW, is the top one the latest ?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She cold? What is it, 80 there? CA wimps... :LOL:

FYI I like the current swing better although it may just be a aesthetic thing with regards to bat angle at launch..

yeah it was windy that day. We live close to the beach. I agree we are spoiled weather wise. the DW cries if it’s over 80 and cries if it’s under 60.

I like the flatter one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12