Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Top swing is more connected. She drops her hand too much on new swing. Old swing will have more consistent bat speed, IMO.
I thought the top one was the more recent? I have seen the bottom one before but not the top one? Now I am confused..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If knob direction is created before the barrel flattens (or is already flattened) then I think that could be the difference.

Bonds untip and flattens - same as Williams. Votto does not flatten before the knob is directed.

so this would tie in With the ‘down and across’ cue I used. Knowing ‘more direction’ is ‘needed’ would make a flatter plane?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Top swing is more connected. She drops her hand too much on new swing. Old swing will have more consistent bat speed, IMO.

what was apparent during the sessions was the inside pitch was hit deeper with the flatter plane but the outside was hit more accurately/harder with the n/s plane.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So I’ve been experimenting with my kids path. She has been a N/S path player for awhile. The cue was always ‘oppo, down to level through’ ‘barrel up’ etc... I have given her a different cue of ‘Oppo, down and across the body’ like an OH path and almost instantly got a flatter path. Maybe the body organizing a different way to complete the task? Or a timing thing changed? I can’t quite figure it out.

View attachment 17671

View attachment 17672

Definitely like the all grey movement better.. She beats the ball to her position.. The other looks like she was waiting to see the ball before getting fyb. Could be she got started to late for the pitch as well.

May 3, 2014
The bottom one has a better timing window that allows even more whip to get created.

1589549116224-gif.17672

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles