Do Ghost Advanced bats REALLY break a lot?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
If you look at a decent amount of breaks...lots are at the connection. Which has been known that handle shots/mishits can cause damage on Ghosts. But of course, nobody will admit that their child ever hit balls
down there :). Especially the bats that look brand new but yet connection broke. You know what has happened
a few times.
And you know, everybody knows a person who knows a person that never broke any other bat except a Ghost :)

Im not saying mishits shouldnt happen...its a pitchers job to make you have bad contact. Just its a possibility
you might break a bat. That could go for any bat in that case though

Every broken ghost I've witnessed live (admittedly it's like 4-5) was from a ball hit off the hands. I get that no one is perfect, but if you swing hard and hit the ball off the handle or connection and break the bat...

Jan 8, 2019
Think I posted this once before, but was at an Easton-sponsored D1 a while back, Next to their cages (two lanes of hack attacks throwing Baden Kevlar stitched balls at 60+ mph), they had two tubs of ghosts used solely in the cages (50 ish bats, maybe?). I presume that every time they got a new bat, their old ones would make it to the cage tub. Girls who were hitting squared up most every hit, and gave no indication they ever worried about breaking a bat there. (And, yes, I understand that they never worried about it anyway with the sponsorship, but you get my point.)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Hello there. My daughter is playing travel 14U this summer, and will be starting high school softball this fall. Not wanting to spend a gazillion dollars on a bat, last year I found a couple of used 33/23 bats for her to try - a CF9 and a LXT. She liked the CF9 and had a really good summer with it (she played 14U last summer as well). It still seems to have decent pop in it, but she has been talking about wanting a new bat for high school, and - while I don't really want to drop $450-500 for a bat, I figure I will splurge and get her a new bat.

She recently used a teammate's 2022 Ghost Advanced bat at a practice and loved it (hit a couple of balls out with it). Now, she has hit HR's with the CF9, but she really liked the feel and "pop" of the Ghost. I have been looking around and can find 2022 Ghost Advanced's for around $350 - but my primary concern is I read everywhere that the Ghosts are prone to breaking. I know that they have come out this year with one-piece that might be better, but it is $500 - and it is still pretty new, so it is hard to know if Easton has fixed their breakage issue.

I know the CF is more of a balanced bat, but my daughter has been able to drive the ball just fine with it. She doesn't like the feel of the LTX, so what are some other non-Easton bats that are similar to the CF but might have more of the "pop" that the Ghost has?

Thanks!
Short answer

No, they only break once.

May 21, 2018
DD has been using a double stamp in school ball that has cracks all up and down the barrel similar to the below pic. It's too old to return and hits fine, so I told to keep using it. In the past I would have immediately sent it back if possible or replaced it if out of warranty. Now I'm like, "ignore the cracks and use it if you want." I haven't seen a bat inspection in 3 years.

Edit: the below pic. is the ghost previous to the one I'm currently referring to. The current ghost is the blue and gold double barrel or whatever it's called.

Attachments

• 1682514825116.png
    1682514825116.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood