barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
I agree and have been guilty of overdoing the effort. The power lies elsewhere.
TTB is turning the barrel so by definition torque is being applied, in this case, by the hand movement at the beginning of the swing, accelerating the barrel.
Why isn't that a "power" move?
Are you saying the rearward acceleration of TTB is only for alignment purposes?

May 3, 2014
TTB is turning the barrel so by definition torque is being applied, in this case, by the hand movement at the beginning of the swing, accelerating the barrel.
Why isn't that a "power" move?
Are you saying the rearward acceleration of TTB is only for alignment purposes?
I think power is misunderstood. Obvi any time you move anything there is force. But, when you overcook the top hand you cast and when you overcook the bottom hand you dump. You blow past the plane you are seeking out.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think power is misunderstood. Obvi any time you move anything there is force. But, when you overcook the top hand you cast and when you overcook the bottom hand you dump. You blow past the plane you are seeking out.

Reminds me of the oar lock analogy that board member used. Only he talks about overcooking swivel without front side usage and then he talks about front side pull with only an oar locked rear hand. He doesnt discuss the combination of swivel with front side usage.

Jul 29, 2013
It seems like casting and dumping would involve allowing the hands to move in space while the TTB pivot point locks alignment.
So if we're swinging the bat and TTB is torquing for alignment, where does the power come from?
Moving the bat to the ball necessitates a roughly 180° barrel turn. What portion is alignment via TTB and what portion is power?

May 12, 2016
TM's
Back to TTB

Somewhere the definition of TTB changed to being a power move. It is not. It has always been about how quickly the barrel gets on plane. It can be overcooked as with anything. There is no reason to boil an egg any longer than is necessary.
That is not what TM says..

May 3, 2014
It seems like casting and dumping would involve allowing the hands to move in space while the TTB pivot point locks alignment.
So if we're swinging the bat and TTB is torquing for alignment, where does the power come from?
Moving the bat to the ball necessitates a roughly 180° barrel turn. What portion is alignment via TTB and what portion is power?
Part gravity part rotation. Gravotation.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
ttb happens with every swing.. Some think it needs to be forced others think it happens as a result after getting leveraged fyb..

I get the feeling folks who use the ttb queue are doing so to remove the down to that all the players are talking about. I am siding with the players on the "down to"

dxM8tbE.gif

MASQCEL.gif

Goes hand and hand with trying to hit the top/half of the ball which results in back spin line drives.

d5scIzv.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30