barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
the more I play with it - I feel the lead side lat is primarily engaged/contracted. This would make sense with all of the movement the lat is responsible for. The lat originates at the ilaic crest.

Is this combined with a downward shoulder angle posture? Part of the spinal engine?

Feb 25, 2020
Knee flexion can disguise hip flexion. Imagine what Canseco looks like with his knees straight both in his stance and Then at foot down. Then look at his amount of hip flexion at contact.

Also check out his built in TTB. The direction the barrel is going before his hands start going forward.

Play the clip 19-20 secs at .25 slow mo.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Also check out his built in TTB. The direction the barrel is going before his hands start going forward.

Play the clip 19-20 secs at .25 slow mo.

That barrel is being turned by a dropping and leading elbow, it gets way ahead of his hands, almost to his belly button before the hands move forward.

May 3, 2014
Back to TTB

Somewhere the definition of TTB changed to being a power move. It is not. It has always been about how quickly the barrel gets on plane. It can be overcooked as with anything. There is no reason to boil an egg any longer than is necessary.

May 12, 2016
Back to TTB

Somewhere the definition of TTB changed to being a power move. It is not. It has always been about how quickly the barrel gets on plane. It can be overcooked as with anything. There is no reason to boil an egg any longer than is necessary.
So you disagree with TM in this aspect?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Back to TTB

Some people have different definitions of "power", just like everything else. Some people claim that "early bat speed" is another way of saying "increased power". That's not my belief, but I have been on that merry-go-round already. (No pun intended...)

May 3, 2014
Some people have different definitions of "power", just like everything else. Some people claim that "early bat speed" is another way of saying "increased power". That's not my belief, but I have been on that merry-go-round already. (No pun intended...)
I agree and have been guilty of overdoing the effort. The power lies elsewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA