barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I need to remind you of the time you liked a video I showed you of one my hitters until I told you we added scap into the swing.

You really need to check yourself. Listen to the pros works for you until one of them says something that doesn't fit your agenda to discredit your man. It is amazing how many times you will bring him into the discussion.

I tried it your way. I am a visual learner. Language constantly gets in the way of instruction. I like to see how the words translate into actions when working with someone. You couldn't provide a video of anyone matching a video of the pro's you keep posting here. After a while I realized that your words just didn't work.

Well your not a very good visual learner then if you think Rich's videos match.

Why don't you just worry about you instead of Rich? Teach some hitters and come up with some easy to understand drills/cues. Show your work.

Show my work to someone whose views have been tainted ? You can't accept the pattern differences.

To start with - if you are that focused on getting into a hitting position show your hitters doing that. Show a progression.

I have been doing it for years and don't need to show the progression.

I was just chatting with a guy on twitter that has been posting his kid. Terrific swing. He shared what they have been working on. Easy to follow drills and cues. That's a guy that could easily gain a following bc his words and cues are simple. And he has his kid and a couple of others that show the result. He ended helping another Dad boil down what he was working on with his daughter and her swing has taken off. Easy to follow drills/cues.

You have been out here a long time and it's apparent you want people to follow your advice. So, change your approach and make it easy for people to follow and show examples.

It's about the truth.. How can you or anyone with good faith look at video and not see the pattern differences ?

Face it Ray the launch angle twitter world got you to buy in.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
LOL - you wouldn't show me a video when I was 100% on board. Quit lying. The only thing you showed was you doing demo moves and of one girl you just started with. Not one video of a hitter doing your thing showing real progress. Certainly no one that was in HS or college raking.

And if you don't need to show anything why are you so invested on these boards? What are you trying to accomplish? Trying to steer people away from somebody's info that works in the MLB and has helped a bunch of other moms, dads and coaches help get their hitters better is pretty petty.

No one said the core isn't involved in the swing. Of course, it is. But, it isn't enough. The back/scap/core resists. The rear leg turns the torso forward. The hands/forearms turn the handle of the bat so that the barrel works down to the ball. Pretty simple.

Every one of the clips you post show this.

Ray quit with your nonsense... Accept the pattern differences and move on..

FaMpaSK.gif

XRu9Pmv.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ray, since your a visual learner why not did deeper into why the videos don't match ? Your students deserve the truth of the different patterns.

McM8euM.gif

k4xI3PF.gif

May 12, 2016
Am I the only one on this site who haven't seen Butter's swing and all of the successful students he has? Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, but this is a public forum and I find it very odd that one poster is calling the other out whilst not providing any proof of their own results

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Am I the only one on this site who haven't seen Butter's swing and all of the successful students he has? Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, but this is a public forum and I find it very odd that one poster is calling the other out whilst not providing any proof of their own results

it’s just snap from the back like TM. Doesn’t match. If he’s shy, that should tell you what you want to know right?

May 12, 2016
In regard to TTB helpiong
it’s just snap from the back like TM. Doesn’t match. If he’s shy, that should tell you what you want to know right?
Yes.. that's all I need to know. I guess I kind of figured that... just thought that it might of been something special the way he's been calling out TDS.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
For the record I have played and coached collegially.. I have worked with hundreds of students over the last 30 years... I don't need video to teach the movement pattern... The words I use here work for my students.... I was a punch and Judy hitter through my high school years... Through lots of work in front of the mirror and weight room I learned how to use my body first and then the hands...

My old pattern was similar to Tewks abaf.

knzdEtX.gif

Apr 11, 2015
In my opinion the entire launch angle philosophy has distorted what "swinging up" actually is. This hitter is swinging up, but it is more along the lines of the Ted Williams "slightly up" philosophy. It seems like a lot of people envision swinging up to be much steeper than this.

Jk742A6.jpg
100% agree. The "up" of the swing is completely relative to the match of the "down" in which a baseball pitch travels from well above the pitcher's head at release...to right about squatted catcher's knees as it reaches its intended destination.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA