barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
That didn't really answer my question. If I'm contracting across the front of my body to pull the knob down, what muscles are being used - and when - to cause the rear hip to get thrust forward?

Eric, put yourself in this leveraged stretched position and tell us what you feel when swinging "down to".. I feel it all across the middle during the contraction.

Dn3mgsS.gif

qGt9sYo.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, put yourself in this leveraged stretched position and tell us what you feel when swinging "down to".. I feel it all across the middle during the contraction.

I feel like I'm pulling/dragging the knob to start the swing, delaying how quickly the barrel starts turning to the ball, and taking away from the depth of the swing. It becomes much more "out front".

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I feel like I'm pulling/dragging the knob to start the swing, delaying how quickly the barrel starts turning to the ball, and taking away from the depth of the swing. It becomes much more "out front".

Eric, I think what you're missing with the core pattern is one needs to beat the pitcher to the position of leverage.. IOW's you can't ride the rear leg until you snap both engines. The swing depth becomes your advantage.

mpxG2MQ.gif

LnxIVJr.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45