barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Swing depth advantage by becoming leveraged.

k4xI3PF.gif

May 12, 2016
Listening to the Yelich interview when he starts talking about the BP after the Bond's instruction, these are missiles I picture this ... no hooks, no top spin, line drive bombs

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Of course. From a teaching perspective, I am curious to know what somebody did to improve the path of somebody who had been hitting a certain way for 20 years.
TBH I think we just heard it in the CY interview. Yelich referred to when Bonds instructed him to start hitting balls straight down at the plate ... Yelich's expression said it all. It cleaned his path up.. rest is history. From a teaching perspective I think that's pretty solid?

Jun 8, 2016
TBH I think we just heard it in the CY interview. Yelich referred to when Bonds instructed him to start hitting balls straight down at the plate ... Yelich's expression said it all. It cleaned his path up.. rest is history. From a teaching perspective I think that's pretty solid?
So Wallenbrock, or whoever was working with JD, just told him that? No drills? Nothing else? We won't ever know so it was sort of a rhetorical question but a useful one since most of us are interested in "teaching" a good barrel path. As I have said before I would be leery of taking anybodies word about instructing a good a barrel path without seeing "before and afters".

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
So Wallenbrock, or whoever was working with JD, just told him that? No drills? Nothing else? We won't ever know so it was sort of a rhetorical question but a useful one since most of us are interested in teaching a good barrel path.
I'm just giving you an example of where a drill complete changed somebodies career because of improved bat path.. I'm talking about Yelich.. you said

Of course. From a teaching perspective, I am curious to know what somebody did to improve the path of somebody who had been hitting a certain way for 20 years.

To add to my initial post

Christian Yelich only hit 27 homers in his first 415 games. The next 505 games? 112 HOME RUNS. Who is
@ChristianYelich
giving credit to? 2016 Marlins hitting coach Barry Bonds. Bonds taught Yelich a drill that immediately changed his career.

I don't think I could answer your question more clearly.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't think I could answer your question more clearly.
I think you said JD was already swinging down before his swing change, did you not? You think Bond's instruction would have helped him?

I wasn't trying to start trouble, I truly was interested in what sort of instruction was given to JD to get him from where he was to where he is..not because I or anybody else should copy it, since every hitter processes things differently, but just because I wanted to know how they worked through the issue of getting the barrel path he wanted (which he stated was goal).

May 12, 2016
I think you said JD was already swinging down before his swing change, did you not? You think Bond's instruction would have helped him?

I wasn't trying to start trouble, I truly was interested in what sort of instruction was given to JD to get him from where he was to where he is..
It's not trouble at all.. you think Bonds would of gave JD the same instruction if he was already swinging down? I don't think so, but your guess is as good as mine. I think somebody with Bond's knowledge would of seen that and worked on something else.. sequence and posture. But I am just guessing.. what we do know for sure is what CY is saying in the video, he said it was the changing point of his career, he was very descriptive in what the drill was, he mentioned how it benefited his swing and he listed the results because of this change. I am not about to guess what Bonds would of did with JD.. I'm talking about what I do know based on CY's interview and his achievements going forward.

You asked "Of course. From a teaching perspective, I am curious to know what somebody did to improve the path of somebody who had been hitting a certain way for 20 years. "

I gave you a specific example, we can talk JD, but no point muddling that in with something that's so clear cut and dry is it?

Jun 8, 2016
You asked "Of course. From a teaching perspective, I am curious to know what somebody did to improve the path of somebody who had been hitting a certain way for 20 years. "
WHEN I SAID THIS I WAS TALKING ABOUT JD. NOT IN GENERALITIES... ;)

Bold off:
I got it swing down=good..you've said it 20001 times in this thread.

May 12, 2016
I WAS TALKING ABOUT JD. NOT IN GENERALITIES... ;)

That's not specifics. But ok, you don't want to talk about CY and what somebody did to improve his path. Got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid