barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So then what do you call the movement of weight that we see when they're moving their weight from the back leg (or both legs if you insist) onto just the front leg, and their rear leg/foot comes up off the ground?

I honestly don't view it that way.. I see the contraction as the primary source while swinging "down to".. So Yea the weight moves during the contraction .

J1c5pt0.png

YLZp7Uu.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
He "moved" his body forward, but he did not "shift" his weight across his body (from one leg to the other)..."before swinging the bat".

Hence the term "FYB"...his body moved forward, but his weight stayed back (didn't start to "shift" before swinging the bat).

Oh ok, so Mike ‘moved’ his body forward but he didn’t move his weight across his body. So where did he ‘move’ his weight too?

Attachments

• 1588804400115.gif
    1588804400115.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
Apr 11, 2015
Oh ok, so Mike ‘moved’ his body forward but he didn’t move his weight across his body. So where did he ‘move’ his weight too?
He hadn't "Yet" in the FYB part of the move.

OK, so let's pretend for a moment that he did move his weight "F"orward (across his body or wherever)...then what was left to be "YB"?

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Could be, but that's not the swing(s) you posted from which I commented on . 🤷‍♂️

Also, has Carpenter moved/shifted his weight "forward" in this clip you posted....
KIInqE1.gif

....and if so, then what's still "back" in the FYB thingamajig?

This is the swing I am referring to where the shift is the swing caused by the rear leg being the primary driver.

13rzg38.gif

McM8euM.gif

Apr 11, 2015
Yep from a leveraged fyb position.
So you just typed, "So Yea the weight moves during the contraction", which if I exchange "contraction" with "swing" since you say they're the same thing in your system...then you just wrote "So Yea the weight moves during the swing".

Glad we finally agree. (y)👏🤝

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So you just typed, "So Yea the weight moves during the contraction", which if I exchange "contraction" with "swing" since you say they're the same thing in your system...then you just wrote "So Yea the weight moves during the swing".

Glad we finally agree. (y)👏🤝

But not from the back leg to the front leg caused by a rear leg being the primary driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid