back leg, front leg and hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
A little disappointed that my posts were removed because I quoted what others said. I would like to have got answers to some of my questions. Guess that will not happen.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
Looking at this clip.

bondsfeet.gif

Do you stand by this?

Push, gets the front foot down (first pause), Block happens at the second pause, and Push back happens as the barrel goes to contact after the second pause.

How much of Bonds weight moves forward versus down?

May 16, 2010
Looking at this clip.

bondsfeet.gif

Do you stand by this?

Push, gets the front foot down (first pause), Block happens at the second pause, and Push back happens as the barrel goes to contact after the second pause.

How much of Bonds weight moves forward versus down?

Yes, I stand by it. His entire body has momentum moving forward. When his front foot touches down, something stops that forward momentum, and translates it into angular momentum. You seem to not understand how that works, and my answer would require stating some laws of physics, which you seem to not understand. So, I'm not going to bother.

Dec 29, 2010
Somrthing stops that forward momentum. Not very scientific. Use your vast knowlege of physics to explain this. If hyp and others cant grasp your reply I am sure tom g, noon or some one of that ilk can translate to us commoners.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
Yes, I stand by it. His entire body has momentum moving forward. When his front foot touches down, something stops that forward momentum, and translates it into angular momentum. You seem to not understand how that works, and my answer would require stating some laws of physics, which you seem to not understand. So, I'm not going to bother.

To bad you will not bother. Would it be the same laws of physics that you would use to describe one of the 8 year old softball players on this site. Because if it is, I am glad you will not bother.

How far forward does Bonds head move? How much does it move down? How much are his hips opening at front foot plant? In what you describe, how does Bonds delay for off speed? How straight is his lead leg at your second pause? So how much can he push back after that to move the lead hip back?

The lead hip is clearing prior to front foot touch. The rear hip now has some where to go, so it will not slam into the front hip.This forward moving of the rear hip continues to move the front hip back. The lead leg is firm, like I said before. It is firm enough to maintain dynamic balance. The lead hip is moving away from the front foot lengthening the lead leg coupled with the firmness it snaps straight.

I admit and have admitted that I could care less about the physics you see in a swing. When you start using different physics to describe the 8 year old kid then you use to describe arguable the greatest hitter ever. Then I may listen intently.

R

RayR

Nothing in this world is absolute except for death, taxes and turning the barrel...

JuanFrancisco1_footplant.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles