Athlete's Unlimited starting on ESPNU 12pm CST

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
I'm enjoying it. It seems that the pitchers are being overwhelmed by the batters. The players seem to be having fun and are showing the spirit that makes it so fun to watch women's softball. The games are fast-paced and don't take forever which is another plus.

Jul 27, 2015
I watched some yesterday and grew tired of all the talk about points. It was nice to see, though.

Apr 20, 2015
Watched a game today. Lots of offense. Terrible defense. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aug 6, 2013
We loved having softball to watch so I’m not complaining at all. Watched every game yesterday and today and will watch tomorrow.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
It was fun watching them, but like texasheat said, there had been such a long lapse that I was eager for it. The organizers realize that what's missing from pro softball is something to make it meaningful. In college softball, they have the boost of representing their colleges, which expands the audience tremendously. You've got those built-in rivalries. Plus there's some history and tradition in college softball now.

Pro teams have nothing but the talent and passion of the players. I don't know the answer. I don't necessarily think this points thing is the answer, but until I have a better idea, I won't criticize. Maybe if they had a season-long points system that ranked the players the way that tennis and golf does, making it more of an individual sport, it then could popularize the players. That does address an issue, that there aren't enough famous players unless you're really into the sport.

I'm skeptical that this marketing idea will help much, but as I said, since I don't have a better idea, I'll just wish them the best.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Only a few of the pitchers could keep the game in check. Osterman, Lowrie, and Ocasio...from what I remember. Loved watching our local players represent. Show, Leach, Rupp and I feel some of the older Sy Dawgs players were local since I saw them around the SY complex all the time.

Jul 2, 2013
I watched part of a game and didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was the lack of quality pitching (I watched one inning where four different pitchers made appearances) as others have stated. It could also be that I didn't like the format coming in. The points system and redrafting makes no sense to me. You are taking a team game and attempting to make it an individual one when there are very few household names that people would follow. We discuss team jumping on here a lot and this league has made it all about team jumping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish