Team Manager vs. Athletes Go Live

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2016
We had a tournament posting stat leaders for various categories for teams using AGL.

We used it last fall, but are probably going to drop it this summer. The learning curve to score a game is way too high. When we had back to back games, in order to close out video from the previous game, we were having to completely log out and log back in on the video phone. Otherwise it was getting attached to the previous game.

But really, the big problem, is that they took a point and click web interface and put it on a touch screen.

Nov 5, 2014
Yeah, there's been a ton of improvements to AGL. I score using it 2-4 times a week. I've used both GC (and now TM) and AGL, its a total non issue scoring games.

But the truth of it is, lots of people HATE AGL, but its not because it doesn't work (which previously was not able to be said about the AGL platform). Seems most people don't like being told what to use.
Not sure what magic formula you have but I have been using AGL since summer of 2020 and still find it to be incredibly buggy/laggy and sometimes downright unusable. We always have to run it side by side with GC because it is not reliable enough to be the primary source of accurate stats for our coaches.

And don't get me started on the tournament leaderboards. DD's team played in the PGF Florida Fastpitch Classic last weekend which utilized AGL for the leaderboards and they were a mess. I saw kids from our team and others in our org who were also there being shorted on stats others with inflated stats. It was a total shirt show.

In the end the leaderboards don't mean anything especially for DD's team who are all committed but it was just another example of tournament directors forcing teams to rely on an unreliable system. It is not the reason we switched back to PGF Nationals this year from Alliance last year but it is certainly an ancillary benefit.

Edited to add:
I should say in AGL's defense it has been pretty rock solid from day 1 for streaming. The only issues I have ever really had are when we don't have good cell service at a particular park and that is certainly not their fault

Last edited:

CoachNickel

D3 Pitching Coach. Private Coach. Softball Fanatic
Dec 20, 2021
Greater Seattle Area
Any new comparisons or updates? GameChanger seems to be improving every month. Any AGL improvements?

TFL town hall tonight. I’m sure AGL will be a topic.
Hey! I wanted to see if you had played around with the new hit Clips feature? It launched last week so you may not have streamed/scored a game yet since it went live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812