Team Manager vs. Athletes Go Live

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
The organization we are playing for—and our 14U team specifically—is in the process of figuring out a more permanent or stable solution to our live streaming needs. We are a showcase team, so part of those needs will be putting together skills and performance video for individual players. Previously,we’ve broadcast to Periscope (quick and dirty) and Facebook. Very bare bones. No scoreboard integration, etc. Some are pushing Athletes Go Live, which seemed to be all the rage in pandemic laden 2020, but got some pretty mixed reviews on this site...and the scoring function got absolutely killed with the seemingly lone exception of @erniekru. Have things improved with AGL over the last 4 or 5 months?

My understanding is that Team Manager (the successor to Game Changer) will not only allow you to score, administer the team (allowing you to get rid of Team Snap or like apps), but now also includes live streaming capability with integrated scoring. Can use the camera of your choice. Almost one stop shopping. Can the live-streamed videos be saved and/or downloaded?

What is it that Athletes Go Live offers that Team Manager does not and is there any thought that whatever that gap currently is that Team Manager will look to close it in the (near) future?

Thanks for any insights.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Video feed is a nice visual tool.

Compelled to add this reminder!!!~

*Most important~
is for every player to contact colleges so the college coaches know the player is interested in their specific program.
*Prompting the coaches to follow players.

Please folks dont make the mistake of thinking college coaches are just sitting at home binge watching tv watching every player at every game...in every event.
Trying to sift through 1000's of players who may have zero interest in their school.

College Coaches need 'you' to connect 'you' to them.

*The more players on your team who participate by contacting colleges the more opportunities your team and 'you' will have for coaches to follow.

GOOD LUCK 👍

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Video feed is a nice visual tool.

Compelled to add this reminder!!!~

*Most important~
is for every player to contact colleges so the college coaches know the player is interested in their specific program.
*Prompting the coaches to follow players.

Please folks dont make the mistake of thinking college coaches are just sitting at home binge watching tv watching every player at every game...in every event.
Trying to sift through 1000's of players who may have zero interest in their school.

College Coaches need 'you' to connect 'you' to them.

*The more players on your team who participate by contacting colleges the more opportunities your team and 'you' will have for coaches to follow.

GOOD LUCK 👍
While I agree with you for the most part, the coaches we are working with need and depend on these tools due to the embargo on travel. Some are even saying they hope that never ends. They now have more data at their finger tips than has been available before.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
While I agree with you for the most part, the coaches we are working with need and depend on these tools due to the embargo on travel. Some are even saying they hope that never ends. They now have more data at their finger tips than has been available before.
Like i commented video is a good tool.
Yes the colleges
are using this tool.
As you mention it has only grown a bigger pile to sort through!
Its does not narrow things down.
Simply added
***Players need to do their part getting their name connected to grab colleges attention!

Video is an additional resource.
Players reaching out is the primary resource!

or I could say it like this it doesn't matter what video feed you're using if the college coaches don't know which one it is :)
Make the system work for you!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
AGL has improved a lot of the scoring issues detailed earlier. The biggest issue was the ball/strike count changing after a substitution. That has mostly gone away, I say mostly because it still happens once in awhile. I have sent that feedback to the AGL support.

The biggest problem for scorer is making substitutions. It take about 5-6 steps to make a substitution. A lot of it is wasted clicks on a window asking are you sure you want to do this or waiting for your app to sync with their servers. For showcase teams, this has me many pitches behind after the substitution has happened. Team Manager's scoring is so much easier than AGL's.

We have tried a couple of times streaming with Team Manager and the parents who have watched the live stream says it's pretty good. We don't stream with Team Manager too much as we have 2 people doing AGL (video and scoring) and 1 person scoring on Team Manager, we don't have a spare phone to video with Team Manager. No, Team Manager does not save the video stream yet.

The show stopper for TM is the ability to save game video streams. Once they provide that, then they need to win over the college coaches and provide a better value subscription price for players ($199.99/year for AGL).

Nov 5, 2014
No, the biggest issue with AGL is having to ping its servers after every pitch.
Agreed 1000% until they fix that we will continue to score on gamechanger and use AGL just for streaming. If Team Manager adds the crucial video saving feature needed for kids to send clips to coaches I would switch.

Aug 17, 2019
I guess I haven't had that many problems with the pinging of the servers after every pitch. It does add to the substitution problem as that where I see the spinning pinwheel while it is trying to get the roster from the server.

I too would switch over to Team Manager when they have video saving feature but it also depends on the college coaches. The only reason why we do AGL is that they want AGL video. They also want to see the scoring and announcing. Well, at least the coaches that are watching our team are asking for this.

Jun 30, 2020
Agreed 1000% until they fix that we will continue to score on gamechanger and use AGL just for streaming. If Team Manager adds the crucial video saving feature needed for kids to send clips to coaches I would switch.

That has at least gotten much better since last summer. I only had two brief connection issues during our 3 tournaments in the fall. They admitted they did not have the infrastructure in place to handle the sudden flood of demand due to the virus of unknown origins.

They said they are working on an update to allow scoring without being connected to the servers plus various UI improvements to the scoring app to allow for better substitution, spray charts, and general ease of use.

If you follow AGL on Facebook, they post a schedule for regular online Q&A and training sessions. While I was extremely frustrated at times, I can at least appreciate the efforts they are doing to fix the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449