AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
What you believe is your choice. Based on his description, I don't believe ARod really understands the full scope of what happens in his swing.
Understood... but I believe AROD understands what his intentions are with his swing a 1000 times better than any of us could.. and I mean that respectfully. Sames goes for Trout, Pujois etc..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What you believe is your choice. Based on his description, I don't believe ARod really understands the full scope of what happens in his swing.

Not a knock. Just please read that post again.

Arod didn’t know what he does in his swing? But earlier in another thread you said Altuve was practicing at a slower speed to feel certain movements etc.why? He doesn’t know what he’s doing correct? (that’s a whole different story by the way)

Pick and choose much? Or since it doesn’t fit your narrative discard as ‘he’ doesn’t know anything?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes. You don't think this is possible? He can't slow motion his swing?

Dynamic balance is a ‘pass through position and cannot be maintained for very long. So imo he couldn’t demo it that way.

Could he have done better? Sure! But he wasn’t giving a hitting lesson. He was explaining that barrel under the ball is terrible. ‘On top’ has been a cue these guys have used for 100 years.

May 12, 2016
Yes. You don't think this is possible? He can't slow motion his swing?
Question is do you think he can make the bat, muscles react the same way in the slo mo swing vs game/partial game swing? That's the problem with demos, they break down, isolate certain movements and we are left with a confusing misleading truth.

Pick up a bat, see what happens. I did, I can see where these guys are coming from.

Nov 16, 2017
Dynamic balance is a ‘pass through position and cannot be maintained for very long. So imo he couldn’t demo it that way.

Could he have done better? Sure! But he wasn’t giving a hitting lesson. He was explaining that barrel under the ball is terrible. ‘On top’ has been a cue these guys have used for 100 years.

Wasn't giving a hitting lesson? Did you watch the video? I mean.... seriously.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Funny how Arod matches his words. Go figure.

The initial turn is direction. The big blur is speed. That’s how HOFs do it. Not launch at go and come ALL the way around. No good hitter does that. It’s toooo long. Commitment is too soon. Too many misses. Only guy that’s had any success with that path strikes out 40% of the time.

Sure it can work at the LOWER levels. Or if your 6ft 8 with a short porch in RF with an oppo approach. But not many of us are 6ft 8.

But again it’s not a match. Not Elite level mechanics. Keep working.
TM's mechanics pulled Kingery out of the minors and he's not a big guy... Lotief was a former HI member and his TTB mechanics put ULL on the map for hitting, but maybe transforming a no-name D1 into a national hitting powerhouse is to low level to merit any credit.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Understood... but I believe AROD understands what his intentions are with his swing a 1000 times better than any of us could.. and I mean that respectfully. Sames goes for Trout, Pujois etc..
You could say the same thing about Jennie Finch pitching, but the mechanics she promoted did serious damage to countless youth pitchers. Only those who grew beyond her teachings survived, those who stayed the course failed.

It's definitely great to listen whenever a pro has insight to offer, but the Hanson rule must apply to them as well. If it comes down to a choice of who to listen to, I'd rather stick with proven teachers who's students and disciples are literally changing the hitting instruction game.

Here are a few of TM's successes, maybe if naysayers published their stats, their words would hold more merit.

Apr 8, 2019
Hi everyone... short time lurker, (3 months before registration) first time poster. I thought I'd throw out a tin foil hat angle. This kind of stuff may exist to keep the hitting coach business booming. What ARod shows here absolutely does not match the swing he used to great success. I think the problem is exactly what Antonelli says in his video - feel vs real. Performing at the highest level and teaching others to perform at the highest level are two different skill sets. Skill sets that have little to no overlap, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414