Anyone having "dead bat/no pop" issues with LXT?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
With that screen name...I wouldn't expect much else of a response. I hope you're not an Anderson bat fan, because the only thing Anderson does for you is hold you back from swinging real technology and not some antique ;)

Real technology vs an antique? Twenty years ago titanium bats were out and they far exceed the limits of today's bats. The only thing the new bats do every year is take your money. Remember that they are limited on performance and have been for quite some time. They cannot exceed a certain point. All the high end bats are right at that limit. They come up with a new gimmick every year to fool buyers into believing they need the "new and improved" model. So it really only boils down to "what color does she like?" You can buy into their bs advertising if you want, it is your money after all.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Real technology vs an antique? Twenty years ago titanium bats were out and they far exceed the limits of today's bats. The only thing the new bats do every year is take your money. Remember that they are limited on performance and have been for quite some time. They cannot exceed a certain point. All the high end bats are right at that limit. They come up with a new gimmick every year to fool buyers into believing they need the "new and improved" model. So it really only boils down to "what color does she like?" You can buy into their bs advertising if you want, it is your money after all.

Sorry, but not correct. There is a top standard for bats today, so you are right about bats not being able to exceed them. So yes, its all about what people like and feel comfy with and looks cool...haha. But if that wasn't in demand, would they sell??? Everybody wants the newest and greatest. Don't blame manufacturers for what customers want. There are some low end bats that aren't as good of course than others. Pretty much every manufacturer makes a low price point bat and then their top price. The top price is better than their low price bats. So there is a bit of a difference in that respect.

The wrong part, Titaniums and the old legend Demarini double wall do not perform like todays bats...and its proven. The problem is, those bats were made to hit rock hard balls that were being used back then. So those metals/tech were better than the metals that were out. So even back then, it was who had the better technology. Demarini had the great new double wall technology and then each manufacturer also made a titanium bat...so technology was just as big back then.

Sorry to say, todays composite bats out hit those old bats...and its proven.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2011
In the famous words of Eddie from Christmas vacation, BINGO!!!

And I sent back a Rocketech bat due to quality issues this year also. It was the service that I received from Dave Anderson after the return of the bat is the reason that I will never purchase another Andersen product. When I spoke to Dave directly and he tells me one thing, and then ships something entirely different, that is the end. Plus if you do research on the RT bat, their weighting is SO off and SO inconsistent between each bat. A 33" drop 9 (24oz) would inconsistently weigh between 23 - 25oz from bat to bat. Not what I would call "top notch quality".

I just purchased and received a LXT this week. My dd is looking forward to putting it in her bag. As for me, I have read and seen first hand some of the quality issues associated with LS bats, specifically the OneX. It is LS and how they dealt with the problem that made me feel comfortable about this year's bat purchase.

FWIW, my DD's other two bats are DeMarini CF5 & CF6.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I sent back a Rocketech bat due to quality issues this year also. It was the service that I received from Dave Anderson after the return of the bat is the reason that I will never purchase another Andersen product. When I spoke to Dave directly and he tells me one thing, and then ships something entirely different, that is the end. Plus if you do research on the RT bat, their weighting is SO off and SO inconsistent between each bat. A 33" drop 9 (24oz) would inconsistently weigh between 23 - 25oz from bat to bat. Not what I would call "top notch quality".

I just purchased and received a LXT this week. My dd is looking forward to putting it in her bag. As for me, I have read and seen first hand some of the quality issues associated with LS bats, specifically the OneX. It is LS and how they dealt with the problem that made me feel comfortable about this year's bat purchase.

FWIW, my DD's other two bats are DeMarini CF5 & CF6.

BINGO!!!!

Haha, fun to do that :)

Yes, that was a joke!

My point will even be for Anderson. Bats will always have an issue once in a while, stuff happens. Its how the problem is handled and fixed for customers.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
As far as double walls go. I think nothing as been proven. My team would use are comp. bats at the start of the game when the balls were new and hard. Then when the balls got mush, we would switch to the double walls and park them, so it is the other way around. Now all of the leagues around here banned all comp. bats. I guess sometimes you can get a bad bat from Anderson, but how many LS bats have to fail until LS builds some quality into their bats? The reason they have banned them was because of all the shaved bats. Still it is only the color of the bats now a days that matter. Plus the best bat in the world won't matter if the girl doesn't know how to use it.

Jan 25, 2011
Bingo.........

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As far as double walls go. I think nothing as been proven. My team would use are comp. bats at the start of the game when the balls were new and hard. Then when the balls got mush, we would switch to the double walls and park them, so it is the other way around. Now all of the leagues around here banned all comp. bats. I guess sometimes you can get a bad bat from Anderson, but how many LS bats have to fail until LS builds some quality into their bats? The reason they have banned them was because of all the shaved bats. Still it is only the color of the bats now a days that matter. Plus the best bat in the world won't matter if the girl doesn't know how to use it.

Its a fact that todays bats outperform the older metals. The reason for dumbing down balls was because of composite bats being too hot. I wont argue because it is proven, do a little search on it and you will find the results out there as I don't have info handy. Now, if you wanna bring up balls getting so soft that people are starting to swing metal...that's not performance. That's because people want the hardest, non performing bat to counter the fact that the ball is so darn soft that the technology is going against the bats at that point. That why you guys are using comps to start the game...right? Because they perform. You go to metal when the balls are shot...because you want a hard bat that doesn't flex because the ball is already compressing so much at impact.

Why now do you fail to address the sh!tty customer service? Isnt that the main concern...to fix problems?

Nov 14, 2011
I guess sometimes you can get a bad bat from Anderson, but how many LS bats have to fail until LS builds some quality into their bats?

Still it is only the color of the bats now a days that matter. Plus the best bat in the world won't matter if the girl doesn't know how to use it.
[/QUOTE]

Our sister team, the 18u team was at the Sparkler tournament last year and most of the top teams were using LS bats. Very few if any were using ANY Anderson bat. Rocketech, Rocketflex, etc. These are the best of the best teams from all over the country and they choose to use LS. You can be the biggest cheerleader for Anderson if you want, but the numbers don't lie. I'm sure that they aren't buying their bats based on color either. C'mon, they aren't 10u players. They aren't running to the store to buy a pink or purple bat based on color. They are buying a purple bat because it puts the ball over the fence.

Jan 25, 2011
To be honest with you all, if you haven't noticed, :eek: I just don't like LS products from their gloves to bats. They are only the lower end of the top manufactures? As far as the sparklers having the best teams, I would agree that there are a lot of good teams, but I really doubt that the all the best teams make the trip. It is more of a, who has the money to make the trip.