Anyone have experience with Dick’s Sporting Goods bat insurance vs Easton’s warranty replacement?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2020
Hey,

It finally happened, my DD’s Ghost cracked after 8 months. Her grandparents got the bat as a gift and bought the No Sweat protection policy at checkout.

Has anyone had any experiences using that service? From what I read online they don’t mention anything specifically about bat coverage.

I have my RMA from Easton, so I’m getting a replacement either way.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 1, 2021
8 months on a Ghost? Wow. Easily a new world record.

Not familiar with that warranty from Dicks, but I have taken bats directly back to them and had them replaced on the spot. Its always iffy to start, but I eventually get my bat. I'd imagine if you have a warranty they won't give you any hassle at all.

Jun 6, 2018
Dicks for bats has advantages and dis-advantages. They now are covering a year on the bat once the 1 year manufacturer warranty coverage expires.

Do not call dicks about the bat as they will say it is under manufacturer warranty. So go through easton on this one and wait until the next bat breaks after the first year, then go to dicks to use theirs and NEVER mention that you replaced one through the manufacturer

Good luck

Aug 21, 2020
8 months on a Ghost? Wow. Easily a new world record.

Not familiar with that warranty from Dicks, but I have taken bats directly back to them and had them replaced on the spot. Its always iffy to start, but I eventually get my bat. I'd imagine if you have a warranty they won't give you any hassle at all.

Honestly, it probably cracked before this. She slaps with a CF in games now, so I was slow to catch on until her BP hits sounded strange yesterday.

Aug 21, 2020
Dicks for bats has advantages and dis-advantages. They now are covering a year on the bat once the 1 year manufacturer warranty coverage expires.

Do not call dicks about the bat as they will say it is under manufacturer warranty. So go through easton on this one and wait until the next bat breaks after the first year, then go to dicks to use theirs and NEVER mention that you replaced one through the manufacturer

Good luck

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2021
Honestly, it probably cracked before this. She slaps with a CF in games now, so I was slow to catch on until her BP hits sounded strange yesterday.

The cracked ones are the best ones! Lol. We got a warranty repacement on the old grey Ghost. Took it to the field to 'warm it up'. Bat sounded sharper in tone, more like a snap and DD was hitting bombs like never before!! I thought 'holy crap, these bats are amazing!'

Doing what I always do with Ghosts, when fininshed I checked it to make sure it wasn't cracked. Sure enough, it didn't last one hitting session. Moved on to LS bats, but I do miss those LONG GONE bombs that cracked bat offered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi