9 YO Throwing 60

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
The real question here should be how well this kids riseball breaks upward at 60mh from 35 feet. I bet it breaks upwards a lot.

the other question is use of a mask...at this speed, if anyone gets a hold of it, the kid is probably in danger and should be forced to wear a mask..

Discuss.

Jun 19, 2013
The real question here should be how well this kids riseball breaks upward at 60mh from 35 feet. I bet it breaks upwards a lot.

the other question is use of a mask...at this speed, if anyone gets a hold of it, the kid is probably in danger and should be forced to wear a mask..

Discuss.

But does the riseball have true back spin or just bullet spin . . .

Nov 29, 2009
I haven't seen a 10U throwing 60 in person, but there were rumors of one at this year's PGF, along with a few in the upper 50s. SyndreSoftball's DD was one of the upper-50s pitchers. I've see her. It's no joke.

I have a pitcher on my team who threw 57 as a 10 at the PGF nationals last summer. I put her on my RevFire and she hit 54 with a 12" ball this fall. Didn't have my radar gun with me.

Sep 8, 2015
I have clocked several 10u girls throwing above 50 in game environments on my PRC. The best I saw was cruising at 54-55. It was absolutely amazing to watch. Our team could not hit her. The others were cruising around 48-51. I would have to see 60 at 10u to believe it, but I won't rule it out.

Jun 19, 2015
My DD was clocked at 52mph during her "lesson" Tuesday. Her cruising speed during the lesson was 50mph. She turned 10 back in April and weighs 90lbs and is 4'9".
She was consistently throwing 46mph back in May.

Jun 12, 2015
My DD was clocked at 52mph during her "lesson" Tuesday. Her cruising speed during the lesson was 50mph. She turned 10 back in April and weighs 90lbs and is 4'9".
She was consistently throwing 46mph back in May.

The fastest we've caught my DD from full pitch is 48. She turned 10 in September. She's hit 53 running in. That's all on the PC's bushnell though. We try not to clock her much; she loves hitting new records but her strength is her control/location and we like to emphasize that. I mostly use my PR on other pitchers, for fun. lol

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I have been hearing reports of kids in 10U throwing 60+ mph for many years. Never seen it personally and these tales of world class performance never seem to materialize in 12U, 14U etc.

Jun 19, 2015
The fastest we've caught my DD from full pitch is 48. She turned 10 in September. She's hit 53 running in. That's all on the PC's bushnell though. We try not to clock her much; she loves hitting new records but her strength is her control/location and we like to emphasize that. I mostly use my PR on other pitchers, for fun. lol

It's a fun ride for us as she works on building up speed. It's not going to be as fun when she plateaus and we have to fight/work harder for extra speed.
I'm going to enjoy this ride for now...

Sep 29, 2014
Thought the Mark Hanson Principle was the golden rule here... text on... :cool:

I saw the video as well, so Hansen is in effect although no radar reading which is what we would really need...my guess is solid 50s, she looks like a stud for nine years old but like others just not sold on 60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks