9 YO Throwing 60

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is hard to predict, there are some tiny SB and baseball pitchers. Most SB pitchers are on the large size though.

Finch was short but not small.

May 17, 2012
Size makes me nervous for my little one.
Her mom is 5'1" and I'm only 5'8". She is 4'9" 90lbs and 10.5, this is her 1st year in 10u.
She is also one of those flamethrowers. Makes me sick thinking her best years might just be in 10u, sick...

There is no correlation between height and velocity.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Her mom is 5'1" and I'm only 5'8". She is 4'9" 90lbs and 10.5, this is her 1st year in 10u.
She is also one of those flamethrowers. Makes me sick thinking her best years might just be in 10u, sick...

If she's small and throwing heat, it tends to indicate that she's getting the job done with great mechanics rather than brute strength, which is a very good thing. As I added in the edit of my previous post, the best 12U pitchers aren't usually relying on pure speed. Control, movement, and velocity changes start to become more important.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It is hard to predict, there are some tiny SB and baseball pitchers. Most SB pitchers are on the large size though.

Finch was short but not small.

Not sure about the ladies you hang out with, but in my 'hood, women of Jennie's height are considered...umm..."not short". ;)

Jul 5, 2016

The University of Georgia has a pitcher who is 5'0".

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

Depends on what you mean by best years. If you mean most strikeouts then YES...she will most likely never see the Ks pile up like that again. The older they get the more the hitters get an advantage as the ball gets bigger and the pitching distance gets further. But since the competition gets better, the moments ahead are far superior than 10U.

I would choose watching DD losing a well pitched game against a national powerhouse vs. watching all of her no hitters at 10u any day of the week.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Mine is the Ball Coach version. It was really pricey compared to the Bushnell. I figured if we were going to get one we should get the one most likely to be accurate. But it definitely does seem slower than the Bushnells.

I posted on this awhile back and I think radars can read differently for a variety of reasons. I am not questioning your experience at all with the Ball Coach and the Bushnell and I can definitely see where one reads higher than the other depending on a number of potential factors. With that said, I have both and mine read within +-1 mph of each other. The only difference I see with mine is the Ball Coach has less "misses" than the Bushnell and of course the price. Again, just my experience with the two that I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish