4 different choices. New bat. Pros, Cons, comparisons and experiences please .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
We have always believe in the numbers when comparing bats. Get each bat along with your current bat along with a radar gun. If you can get a hold of a blast motion sensor that will help too. Compare the numbers, exit velocity, bat speed, reaction time. In my opinion, that is the only way to compare them. Anything else is just a guess.

This is the best answer.

Perhaps not always possible, but if you're serious about a sport you try lots of equipment and get the one that works best for you. And that's not always the one that works best for someone else.

You list all good bats.

I drive my daughter over an hour to a store that lets you try all the bats on their machine (Hit Trax, I think it's called). It shows her the exit velocity of each bat, how far the ball would go (if a real ball on a field) and other stats. I then have her tell me which feels the best, which she's most confident in. I then steer her a tad towards the one with the best metrics, and if all goes well she likes the one that has the best metrics and we're golden.

For us, the Ghost Advanced just beat out a CF. We're about a year in with the bat, use it many times per week and all is well.

Feb 1, 2021
So let me help once again. I did in fact buy the RTX for my DD yesterday. She had hitting instruction this afternoon. Her text to me afterwards was "I LOVE THIS BAT!!!!" in all caps and four exclamation points. Lol. She may have a new fav which for $149 is fine with me!!

Apr 28, 2019
So let me help once again. I did in fact buy the RTX for my DD yesterday. She had hitting instruction this afternoon. Her text to me afterwards was "I LOVE THIS BAT!!!!" in all caps and four exclamation points. Lol. She may have a new fav which for $149 is fine with me!!
[/QUOTE
I got same reaction last weekend with new RXT. Took a couple of sessions to open-up but topped her best distance by 20 feet on Hittrax.
If your a power hitter the Xeno is your best choice out of these bats.
If your a line drive base knocker the other 3 are great choices.
The RXT is heavier than the Demarini’s but for $150 the RXT would be my choice.
If your looking to improve your bat speed instantly the Demarini’s are the way to go. Extremely light swinging bats.

Feb 1, 2021
This is not a fake review. First game, first at bat with the RXT in an indoor tourney with a fullsize left field. DD mashed a line drive over the left field fence. I was not present because the game was at midnight and I was sleeping, but some of her teammates parents said it was an absolute missile. Just buy the RXT. Lol.

Mar 22, 2019
I have to give a shout out to the rxt also. I picked one up to keep hundreds of batting practice swings of her favorite lxt and xeno. Now she is smashing the rxt harder than either of them. There such s good deal now I might pick up the next size up now before they are gone. I don't believe they are making them anymore. I can't find information about a 2021 rxt.

Feb 1, 2021
Brag moment so i apologize in advance. In addition to my comment above, my DD ended her tourney this weekend going (for real) 9 for 10 from the plate with 4 HRs, and 2 doubles. Again, bought the RXT simply because of the comments here. I have since decided to stockpile as many as I can and bought 3 more. $150 is a steal for this masterpiece.

Oct 4, 2018
Brag moment so i apologize in advance. In addition to my comment above, my DD ended her tourney this weekend going (for real) 9 for 10 from the plate with 4 HRs, and 2 doubles. Again, bought the RXT simply because of the comments here. I have since decided to stockpile as many as I can and bought 3 more. $150 is a steal for this masterpiece.

You've got me interested. What kind of hitter is your DD. What's her body type and age?

Feb 1, 2021
She is 17, 5'6, 155-ish. (She won't read this so I guess its okay to say that) Looks like the typical corner infielder. Lets just say, the type that depends on hitting the ball hard to get on base.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She is 17, 5'6, 155-ish. (She won't read this so I guess its okay to say that) Looks like the typical corner infielder. Lets just say, the type that depends on hitting the ball hard to get on base.

Just based on your comments in this thread, I'm guessing your DD is a damn fine hitter no matter which bat is in her hands. The reality is that the top-shelf model from any manufacturer is going to be a good bat, and it will come down to personal preference on subjective factors like feel.

My DD is 16, and about the same specs as yours. Similarly, she has the speed to turn triples into doubles. Her preference is the Ghost, hasn't met an LS she likes, and is pretty luke-warm about Demarinis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma