2022 Ghost NO pop!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2019
My daughters Ghost Advanced bat just cracked right before her Little League Regionals tournament in Warner Robins, GA. I have sent it back to Easton under warranty but will probably not get it back before she leaves for GA. I purchased the new 2022 Ghost DB but it has absolutely no pop at all. Sounds like she is hitting it with a metal pipe and the ball goes no where. I understand that it needs to be broken in but this was not an issue with the Advanced, nor her 2020 Ghost DB. She doesn't even want to use it, in fact she borrowed one of her teammates Advanced for the state tournament. I have purchased my last 2 Ghosts from Core Softball but I purchased this one from Dicks the day before she left for state tourny due to time restaint. The question I have is there any way that Dicks will accept this as a return, or an exchange for an Advanced? We just got it about 10 days ago.

Thanks!!

May 27, 2013
I just bought the new 2022 Ghost for my dd about a month ago and while I agree it has a slightly different sound than the original 2018 Ghost, it still has great pop. I have not seen a decline in my dd’s performance at all.

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah I can say that the 2022 seems to be better than the 2020 dual stamp but slightly below the GA. My daughter has used the 2022 in warm ups and put multiple balls over in just the first time using it. In fact second swing was over so she said it was definitely hot out the wrapper.

May 29, 2015
I have purchased my last 2 Ghosts from Core Softball but I purchased this one from Dicks the day before she left for state tourny due to time restaint. The question I have is there any way that Dicks will accept this as a return, or an exchange for an Advanced? We just got it about 10 days ago.

1626447436290.jpeg

Policy per their website:
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/return-policy#DICK'S%20Return%20Policy
  • The following items cannot be returned if the package is opened or the factory seal is broken: Baseball/Softball Bats, Football Helmets, Air Beds, Electronic Scooters and Bikes, Face Coverings, Ice Rinks and Portable Lavatories.
Doesn’t mean you can’t try!

Edit: Wait. They sell ice rinks and portable lavatories?

Dec 5, 2019
View attachment 23027

Policy per their website:
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/return-policy#DICK'S%20Return%20Policy
  • The following items cannot be returned if the package is opened or the factory seal is broken: Baseball/Softball Bats, Football Helmets, Air Beds, Electronic Scooters and Bikes, Face Coverings, Ice Rinks and Portable Lavatories.
Doesn’t mean you can’t try!

Edit: Wait. They sell ice rinks and portable lavatories?
Haha, i saw that and thought the same thing! Can't hurt to try! I suppose there could be a defect in this particular bat. My daughter hits them fairly easily over the fence with the Advanced, as well, but this new Ghost sounded awful and the balls weren't going anywhere. Very noticeable difference. Before I purchased the 2022, i read the reviews and they sounded very positive, hot out of the wrapper, but this one is most definitely not.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Chances are slim to none. They'll likely tell you to contact the manufacturer about it being defective

May 16, 2016
Haha, i saw that and thought the same thing! Can't hurt to try! I suppose there could be a defect in this particular bat. My daughter hits them fairly easily over the fence with the Advanced, as well, but this new Ghost sounded awful and the balls weren't going anywhere. Very noticeable difference. Before I purchased the 2022, i read the reviews and they sounded very positive, hot out of the wrapper, but this one is most definitely not.

I would call dicks and see if you could "Add" the protection plan to your recent purchase... I'm told, if you have the protection plan, you can get a new bat pretty easily.

No Sweat Protection Plan: Coverage that goes above and beyond.
Coverage for all plans:

• Mechanical and electrical breakdowns
  • Defects in materials and workmanship
  • Failures due to heat, dust and humidity
  • Normal wear and tear
  • Power surge
  • Shipping cost
  • Transferable
  • No Lemon Policy - if your product requires more than 3 repairs for the same defect we'll replace it or reimburse you
Additional Coverage available where applicable:

• Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) like drops, spills and cracked screens on select portable products
  • Annual preventative maintenance for Cardio equipment performed by authorized technicians
  • 30% No Claim Reward on 3 & 4 year Cardio Plans (Cardio Plans with Maintenance excluded)
  • Bike tune-up for each year of coverage
Cover the unexpected, with no additional costs, hassles, or hidden fees.

For added convenience file a claim anytime at www.asurion.com/nosweatprotectionplan

Limitations and exclusions apply. See Terms and Conditionsfor complete details.

Apr 28, 2019
We have 4 or
My daughters Ghost Advanced bat just cracked right before her Little League Regionals tournament in Warner Robins, GA. I have sent it back to Easton under warranty but will probably not get it back before she leaves for GA. I purchased the new 2022 Ghost DB but it has absolutely no pop at all. Sounds like she is hitting it with a metal pipe and the ball goes no where. I understand that it needs to be broken in but this was not an issue with the Advanced, nor her 2020 Ghost DB. She doesn't even want to use it, in fact she borrowed one of her teammates Advanced for the state tournament. I have purchased my last 2 Ghosts from Core Softball but I purchased this one from Dicks the day before she left for state tourny due to time restaint. The question I have is there any way that Dicks will accept this as a return, or an exchange for an Advanced? We just got it about 10 days ago.

Thanks!!
We have five girls using the new 22 DS. No problems. My question to you would be why wouldn’t you buy her another Advanced if she liked that bat?
Our Adv is starting to crack and I was thinking about getting the 22 DS. We didn’t like 20 DS but new composite, connection joint, and Adv endcap had me thinking it would be better than 20 DS.
I bought 1 bat from Dick’s and it broke quickly. Much better off buying from Core.

Jun 4, 2019
I’ll never buy another ghost again. I think everyone I’ve seen on my team has broke or cracked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez