15 year old daughter drops hands creating an uppercut swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2016
View attachment 11983View attachment 11984My daughter in now in 10th grade. She has been taking lessons for over two years. Her Mechanics are generally solid but when she is in a game situation hitting of a actual pitcher she has a looping swing caused by her dropping her hands. In front of her instructor it is not a major issue but that changes once on the field. She batted .390 on her JV team but could not hit anything high in the zone. Any ideas? She works hard but cant fix her problems. She is aware of it.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
My daughter in now in 10th grade. She has been taking lessons for over two years. Her Mechanics are generally solid but when she is in a game situation hitting of a actual pitcher she has a looping swing caused by her dropping her hands. In front of her instructor it is not a major issue but that changes once on the field. She batted .390 on her JV team but could not hit anything high in the zone. Any ideas? She works hard but cant fix her problems. She is aware of it.

Posting a video usually helps get the ball rolling. If you have a video I can gif it for you......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd