14u Nationals - Moline or Colorado Springs?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2010
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could tell me which 14u national tournament is considered the true national title tourney...the one in Moline, Illinois that starts tomorrow or the one in Colorado Springs, Colorado that starts on Tuesday?

At first I thought it was Moline because it seems to have teams from all over the country vs just being the "Western Nationals". But it looks like some of the better teams from southern California have chosen to go to Colorado as opposed to Moline.

Thanks for any help

Jun 16, 2010
The ASA/USA national championship is in Moline. There are other Northern, southern, eastern, western "nationals". These are obviously not nationals, they are regional 2nd tier tournaments to give a bit of play under ASA to teams wanting it that could not qualify for the USA national. Those are pretty weak much of the time.

The best California teams are in Moline. Madness, Sorcerers, Lakewood firecracker, Athletics, OC Batbusters, SJ Sting, etc. I think there are 31 teams from California here, as I type from Moline hotel room. Just finished opening ceremonies.

Aug 1, 2010
Ok, I got this figured out...both teams are there. The '95 team is the Lakewood Firecrackers. They are in the same organization, but apparently are rivals from different cities. The " '96 " team is from Laguna Hills and apparently carries girls from '95 as well (although they will all graduate in 2014).

The Laguna Hills team beat the Lakewood team in the semifinals of the ASA SoCal State Tournament but then lost in the championship to SoCal Madness.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse