Alliance Fastpitch Champs vs PGF Nationals..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Diamond Sports Hotshots not happy with the overlapping of PGF and Alliance Nationals it appears:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It seems like maybe it was more about The Alliance being opportunistic and taking advantage of events that are already established, than actually being an "offspring" of those two groups.

I know I'd personally be more interested in my DD being involved in something like this than ever setting foot in another USSSA "Nationals" event.
Thats a good point..
You already had bad experience with usssa, but alliance event appears to take points from those events.

People either like certain venues or not.
My comment here in calif. is TCS & pgf already has good attendance and recruitment track record...
Alliance will have to establish itself. We already know people tend to flock to the new shiney object...
Creating it same weekend puts college coaches into a delema.

Really puts players in a harder situation less colleges attending one or the other instead of opening another date for better recruitment opportunity.
It slpits it up.

org ego's competing?
instead of players first!

Mar 28, 2014
Appears Alliance is the offspring of Triple Crown and usssa....
View attachment 19727

Triple Crown events here in calif. draw the same teams as pgf, including top tier teams in pgf premier nationals top div.

TCS already has a very strong following of college coaches D1 included in calif.

Also top org's here
( corona angels & mercado athletics)
host through utilizing TCS platform and have an elite bracket ( kinda invite/selected top teams) that really seperate the talent from the rest of the crowd...drawing coaches.

My 'guess' is these team's will stay here and compete without extra cost of traveling further.
So the Alliance is not really an offspring of TCS or USSSA. It was put together by the Travel Ball organizations that formed the regional "Leagues" like Texas Fastpitch League, Gulf Coast League, California league, etc.... These "leagues" were formed this past summer because of Covid and were formed so that teams could stay local or regional and play the best competition since PGF and TCS national championships were canceled due to Covid.. Texas started it all and then other parts of the country created their own "leagues". After all of these leagues were formed, the individual league organizers came together and formed the Alliance championships which basically takes the top teams from each of the regional leagues and puts them together for a National championship.

To answer the original poster's question more in depth, If the alliance members stay true to their word, they will all play in Ok City and the talent at PGF (if there is one) will be greatly watered down.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2014
Diamond Sports Hotshots not happy with the overlapping of PGF and Alliance Nationals it appears:

They are always salty about something down here because they aren't really part of the "circle". They aren't even playing TFL stuff this fall so why are they whining?

Jun 8, 2016
They are always salty about something down here because they aren't really part of the "circle". They aren't even playing TFL stuff this fall so why are they whining?
I don't know. All I know is their 08 team is pretty good..lol. Maybe they have existing automatic bids to PGF Nationals and are mad that the tournament might be watered down..

May 7, 2015
SoCal
PGF is IMO, less than 50-50 for next year(2021). And if trump wins, it a total no-go.

Why aren't these guys out publicly promoting the opening up of CA for fastpitch softball? They like ($$$$$) traveling? They don't want to alienate or get involved with politics? Don't they realize many TB families cannot afford to go to AZ or TX every other weekend? More and more young ladies hanging up their cleats. And forget TB, cities rec ball programs are bleeding players and are dying a slow death.

quoted from above article..... " Enge, who has a MBA from Harvard Business School, estimates the total economic hit in (added by me...just in) San Diego County from the shutdown of youth sports at between $300 million and $500 million.

I'm pretty sick of no youth sports, no secret I'm sure. I also don't think this is a trump thing at all.. Probably more on Newsome, but I'm no expert on politics.

youth sports.jpg

Mar 28, 2014
I don't know. All I know is their 08 team is pretty good..lol. Maybe they have existing automatic bids to PGF Nationals and are mad that the tournament might be watered down..
they have some good teams but I've seen Nelson make an azz of himself one too many times in games to take anything he says seriously. He's a complete moron.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I predict that business model will eventually fail. You can't charge every team the same amount but then place the "good" teams (often highly debatable) at one complex putting them in front of all the coaches while the other teams play elsewhere in front of zero coaches. Eventually the "other" teams are going to get tired of it and stop playing and those will turn into really small invite only tournaments.

So the Alliance is not really an offspring of TCS or USSSA. It was put together by the Travel Ball organizations that formed the regional "Leagues" like Texas Fastpitch League, Gulf Coast League, California league, etc.... These "leagues" were formed this past summer because of Covid and were formed so that teams could stay local or regional and play the best competition since PGF and TCS national championships were canceled due to Covid.. Texas started it all and then other parts of the country created their own "leagues". After all of these leagues weNoormed, the individual league organizers came together and formed the Alliance championships which basically takes the top teams from each of the regional leagues and puts them together for a National championship.

To answer the original poster's question more in depth, If the alliance members stay true to their word, they will all play in Ok City and the talent at PGF (if there is one) will be greatly watered down.
There are soo many teams in calif.
There are equally multiple venues. Apply alphabet here ______________.
No venue has failed here.
As for gaining more income from things in other states...
Thats what this commitee from calif is doing.

Taking what they've already been successful doing here and offering it there.

Same model!
Better or lessor teams play in different 'titled' events.
Alliance by a points system.

Jun 8, 2016
they have some good teams but I've seen Nelson make an azz of himself one too many times in games to take anything he says seriously. He's a complete moron.
Don't know him, or have witnessed his behavior, but I will take your word on it. One of their teams actually left and joined DD's org last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22