MaxPrep's Top 25 HS teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
You can't take anything away from New Pal over that last 3 years or so. They've definitely had a really good teams. They have lost a lot of talent and still seem to stay good.

It will be interesting to see how they do this year playing in the 4A state playoffs. Once you get to regionals, pretty much every team has a really good pitcher and every team has a lot of talent in their lineup. Some teams have more than 1 top level pitcher.

I don't think you can say the same about 3A, no offense to them.

EDIT - Loving all of the Indiana representation on this board! :D Lots of talented players!

Jul 1, 2019
You can't take anything away from New Pal over that last 3 years or so. They've definitely had a really good teams. They have lost a lot of talent and still seem to stay good.

It will be interesting to see how they do this year playing in the 4A state playoffs. Once you get to regionals, pretty much every team has a really good pitcher and every team has a lot of talent in their lineup. Some teams have more than 1 top level pitcher.

I don't think you can say the same about 3A, no offense to them.

EDIT - Loving all of the Indiana representation on this board! :D Lots of talented players!
We're ranked 5th in the state and 4th in 4A right now. I'm eager to get going, but no, I won't take anything away from them. That said, DD is only in 7th grade, New Pal's 7th grade softball team will be our trouble spot (just as it was for our 7th grade girls basketball which beat us for conference). They are pretty much our thorn, all the dang time.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
@sluggers Great post and thanks for sharing. Surprising to only see 1 Texas team and it is a 5A team. I have never seen Angleton play but I know they have been real good.

Still waiting to see if Bill will take us up on that steak dinner!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
And of course this excludes all states that play HS softball in the fall, so not really a national list.

Illinois is a spring state. Games start March 16th.

EDIT: Oops ... I misread your post. I thought a number of those were fall states.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
The only thing these polls are good for is to gain subscriptions for the publications. Same goes for the player rankings.
Curious why you say that? Please share. Max Preps cost nothing to see this information. Again, just curious.

Jun 8, 2016
Curious why you say that? Please share. Max Preps cost nothing to see this information. Again, just curious.
They don't have an end of year tournament to actually determine the "best" team so what is the point of doing these rankings other than for parents to retweet/share/etc. the results with 500 of their closest "friends"?

Nov 25, 2012
USA
They don't have an end of year tournament to actually determine the "best" team so what is the point of doing these rankings other than for parents to retweet/share/etc. the results with 500 of their closest "friends"?
Good point and they don't. So you are saying they shouldn't say anything? Don't rank nationally? Because it could never be proven correct?

Jun 8, 2016
Good point and they don't. So you are saying they shouldn't say anything? Don't rank nationally? Because it could never be proven correct?
Look every HS sport does it and none have a national tournament so softball might as well do it too. I just wouldn't put too much value on them. The player/club rankings are actually worse imo since the orgs use them to pimp up their programs. I just find it sort of silly.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I will say the Florida teams on this list are legit although with the new scheduling setup in Florida the number of easy games has gone down. Trenton will actually have to play a much more challenging set of opponents this year - last year they legitimately only played 5 or 6 tough opponents (although they did win all those games). In the end Trenton will win their class by 10+ runs again since they play in a small school division.

That said, there are several Florida teams that have excellent chances of beating the other Florida teams listed in their class. Florida has a bunch of stacked HS teams that they are now forcing to play each other way more often. DD's team had one of the teams on the ropes last season only for them to figure out a way to lose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles