Alliance Fastpitch Champs vs PGF Nationals..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I looked into the points structure for the alliance because I didn't know how it worked. From what I gather, points are accrued in the individual leagues CFL, TFL, etc. In CFL, pool games and friendlies count but bracket count much more. Also, finishing results reward even more points. Of note, it is only the top 15 games that count towards your point total and eligibility for AFCS. This will allow teams to still approach friendlies as "throw aways" as most likely 15 friendlies "wins" will be easily outscored by bracket and tournament finishes.

There's a lot to digest regarding points, but that was my first impression.
They will schedule games during the week for teams that can compete locally. If it works out that a pool game can count for the points because that's the only time they can play each other, I am sure the coaches will make their lineups based on a real game as opposed to bat the lineup, equal playing time, etc. Lots of working parts, but very interesting. Instead of playing a weekned tourney, you are now involved in bigger game. When I looked at the final Tier 1 rankings for Texas, I was quite surprised to see some of the teams that made it and others that did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad