Softball,baseball,football or who cares? Friday check in time 10-24-14

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Dd running in cross/country at districts, last one for the year :D Now back to working on her softball game. :cool:

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
First thing I will do tomorrow is throw a beautiful 9 lb. brisket on the smoker for a nice long low and slow. Then going to our organization's new indoor facility to hang Tunnels/nets and set the new turf. By the time I get home the brisket should be about done. Sunday will be yard work, working on catching drills, hitting and watching the NFL afterwards.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
All seasons over, but DS's rowing team practices all through the winter for their spring season.

DS came home for the weekend from college for the first time. He was unhappy about missing his Saturday morning practice, so he wanted to get to his Friday evening practice (ends at 8, so they row through Milwaukee at night time). The only bus from Madison after practice would get him downtown about 11:30, and home a little before midnight.

So, I drove all the way from Madison to Milwaukee and back so he wouldn't have to miss a practice, to pick him up at his dorm.

So, the whole family went hiking yesterday. Lots of fun. We took the Merrimac Ferry in between hiking trips. One of the local highways crosses the Wisconsin river at a very wide point, so they use a ferry instead of a bridge. Great weather for hiking!

DS takes the bus home shortly, so now DD #2 and DD #3 won't have to share a room again until Thanksgiving.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
First thing I will do tomorrow is throw a beautiful 9 lb. brisket on the smoker for a nice long low and slow. Then going to our organization's new indoor facility to hang Tunnels/nets and set the new turf. By the time I get home the brisket should be about done. Sunday will be yard work, working on catching drills, hitting and watching the NFL afterwards.

I'm hungry. We're at the park. Bring the brisket by. NOW! Lol

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm hungry. We're at the park. Bring the brisket by. NOW! Lol

LOL...Our neighbors came over after smelling it on the grill all day and we invited them to stay. Then more neighbors came over and it turned into quite the party on our deck. It was all gone in under an hour. Sorry...maybe next time I'll save you some. Of course I would personally have to fly it out to the nice, sunny weather you have out there. It would be worth it just to get away from the snow that's coming;) Next weekend it will probably be a large beer can chicken. Interested?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi