First time poster here-its Friday the 13th check in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
No games this weekend. We just moved Mom to Assisted Living this week; we'll be running to IKEA for a compact computer desk to go in her new place.

DD has a HS Robotics competition that started yesterday and runs through Saturday. I'm hoping we can pop by on Sat and see how it's going. She left yesterday around 6:30 am and didn't get home till about 8 or 9 pm. She's having a blast. Her team did really well in their first match, but had computer problems in their second and third. So far the highlights, however, are the Blue Moose food truck and the game of Frisbee Death Match they seem to have invented. She came home with scrapes, grass stains and a swollen eye, bubbling happily about what sounds like Aussie Rules Football played with a Frisbee. Why do I suspect that she was somehow involved in making Frisbee a tackle sport???

First TB tournament is next weekend. Can't wait! I finally finished watching all three Missouri-South Carolina softball games. A Mizzou sweep...wonderful, wonderful. Sorry, SC fans.

I can't wait to watch the FLA-LSU game--it will be recorded and waiting for me whenever I find the time. I wish everyone else a great weekend!

Oct 10, 2011
We are supposed to play 3 games tomorrow but it's just been too wet and supposed to rain so I doubt it will happen. DD wants to get some extra practice with me Sunday.
It should be better than last weekend. I didn't post this but DD passed her driver's Wednesday and her Grandparents gave her a nice used car to have. I decided to take it to work Saturday and while stopped at the red light some young guy hit me from behind going about 50, slammed me into the car in front of me and I got knocked out.
I'm fine...really sore but her car got totalled:(
Even worse, they told me I couldn't drink that night!

Seriously, she lets you take her car one time, and look what happens. :rolleyes:
But, but, it wasn't my fault!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Our tournament this weekend has been cancelled due to weather. It is supposed to clear up on Sunday, so we are scheduled a three team friendly.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Rest this weekend. DD was with her show choir and they were practicing new choreography for their upcoming performance when she felt a "pop" in the MCL area of her knee and then it collapsed on her. She went down hard and I got a phone call from the school nurse. Needless to say, I was in a panic. Took her straight to our knee guy and we'll have to see how it plays out. The initial exam looks promising though.

As for me, I'll be continuing the catching clinic tomorrow then team hitting. Sunday, Hopefully I'll have time to catch up on some college ball I DVRed.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
NO. SOFTBALL. THIS. WEEKEND.

Older DD playing HS ball, no weekend games.
Younger DD had a game scheduled for Sunday but the other team cancelled and we couldn't find anyone else to play. We have picture day for her team on Sunday, then we'll take the team to the cages for a bit (supposed to be 90F+ this weekend), then off to the local pizza joint.

May 8, 2012
NJ
DD made it far enough during tryouts to get invited to first hs v scrimmage...cool really, but were not a catcher but an outfielder..wonder when they figure out that there arent too many slapping catchers..

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
DS has a baseball tournament this weekend; I'm the team scorekeeper. They had their first league game the other day, I was worried I would be out of practice since I hadn't picked up a score book since November. Apparently it's just like riding a bike; I picked it right back up again. I'm not yet back to my November skills of keeping score on paper, in the ipad, gossiping with the other moms AND tweeting out game scores in between innings, but it's early yet - ha ha.

DD just has practice this weekend. She will be heading over to the HS baseball games to take photos for the yearbook. She's just getting over bronchitis so it's good she has an easy weekend. Bronchitis is no joke - holy cow. It's been a rough few weeks for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi