Early Bird-Its Friday Check in 11/20/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
DD is going to get back to practicing her hitting and catching drills for the first time in a little over a week. I had to just about hog-tie her to the bed because she was convinced that working on her batting would somehow cure her 104+ fever that sent us to the ER last weekend. Finally showing no symptoms this morning, so to the tee we go this whole weekend. Time for the caged lion to get a kill.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
No softball this weekend. Have a to-do list a mile long as we are hosting Thanksgiving...looking at 16+ people in my house plus possibly an additional 4 dogs (we have one). :rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2009
Going to back to Cali for Surf city Early Thanksgiving Showcase, should be fun. Weather looks like its going to be nice.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This is the weekend where all of DD's high school/softball activities collide into big heaping mess. Her theater arts production, Jv Basketball tourney, and the make up Ronald McDonald tourney. Yesterday is where it all started. Her opening night was last night-missed, BBall tourney started last night-missed, TB practice-missed. Instead she went to a college showcase camp/games until 10pm. Tonight she will debut her high school acting skills and she will have two performances tomorrow and will have to miss all 3 RM showcase games at the best fields where all the college coaches will be. Ugh. Sunday her team will be banished to the forgotten fields 20 miles away. She will miss her entire bball tourney. I guess she's gonna have to get used to sitting on the bench at this rate.

DD2 soccer team won their season ending tourney going undefeated as a 4th seed. The crazy thing is the team only practiced 3 times outside of pre-game warm ups. The other teams practiced 1 to 2 times a week. What is the message here? Practice is overrated and sheer natural talent along with a good draft is the key to winning.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Good luck this weekend - have it on good authority that there will be road checks in Valdosta this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up! Is a road check a DUI roadblock or radar guns looking for speeders? If you have never tried it, Waze is an awesome GPS app for your phone that will show you where some of the police activity is located. It is not perfect because it uses input from other users, but I like it a lot better than the GPS that is built into my truck. It will also reroute you if there are traffic problems.

Jan 24, 2010
Thanks for the heads up! Is a road check a DUI roadblock or radar guns looking for speeders? If you have never tried it, Waze is an awesome GPS app for your phone that will show you where some of the police activity is located. It is not perfect because it uses input from other users, but I like it a lot better than the GPS that is built into my truck. It will also reroute you if there are traffic problems.

Possibly for speeding but was mentioned that it's more for drivers license check / registration and DUI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck