LXT or Meta or Something Else

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2024
My Asurion Insurance through Dicks just got approved so that means i'm going bat shopping. We're replacing a Ghost, the first one cracked and the second one began to rattle.

My not so little is 11 and will be moving up to 12U this summer. She wasn't too fond of the Ghost and by far prefers her Mantra.

Looking to get her a 30 in drop 10.

Having said all of that, i'm thinking of getting her the LXT. But then I saw the Meta and now I don't know. Any suggestions are welcome.

May 20, 2015
I've seen more issues with the Meta than with any other bat, ever. Girl on our team has a major end cap rattle after 2 weeks, and we saw a ton of other issues this past winter with travel team - a total of like 6 bats between 2 girls over maybe 2 months.

DD2 swings the Mantra+ - it is a tank in terms of durability, and it's hot as heck right now (she's a little over a year into it) - for her, it has been the best bat we've used, and she's used them all.

We also picked up a mizuno power carbon as a team bat last year.......it swings easy, it's been good from a durability standpoint, and it really opened up with use.......that's an easier swinging bat than all the ones you listed, imho.

Apr 1, 2017
Just my experience, but my one daughter loved multiple LXT's. We got the Meta when it first came out, and she never really liked it, and it did develop a rattle.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The LXT has a great track record and performance history. If the insurance is making you stay in that family, you can't go wrong. The original Meta X had internal disc issues that ruined what could have been a good bat. The new one is better, but a lot of people gave up on it with the new model.

If it's not exclusive to LS, but it allows you to buy anything in Dick's, you can go with a CF or Whisper from DeMarini. Also, don't sleep on the Marucci line of bats. The Echo DMND Connect or just the Echo one-piece are great bats with a ton of pop.

Apr 8, 2019
Mizuno Power Carbon. Hands down.
Respectfully, but vehemently disagree. My DD has broken 3 of them within six weeks. Then they sent me a new one that rattles. They said it was normal and will go away, but I'm skeptical.

I'm currently going through this with them, so I'm still a little raw about it. End rant.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
In all the years my daughter has played high-level national travel, I've never seen one used by anyone. The only time I see them is at a college that's sponsored.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd