Early Bird-Its Friday Check in 11/20/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Supposed to be at a DII invite camp. DD has been complaining of intermittent hip pain since pitching last Saturday morning. This morning she said it was worse. Went to the Orthopedic MD and she severely strained her tendon where it attaches to the hip growth plate. Minimum 2 weeks off and recheck. X Rays didn't show the normal separation of the growth plate from the hip requiring surgery :). No camp for us. College Coach called and seemed very understanding.

I have a free weekend.....

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Playing our last tourney of the year most likely. Winds are supposed to be 30-45 mph all day. Temps are supposed to be around 55 for high tomorrow, 31 low Sunday morning, which we are gauranteed to play on due to bracket. Hopefully we win some games and end on a high note!

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
Taking our teams to small tournament in FLA. It is the passing of the torch for our seniors and early signed players, this will be it for them as featured players and they will hand over the starting positions to the next group after Sundays games. Then they move onto our commit team for practice and college scrimmages. This is the one time per year we go trophy hunting. Should be a fun weekend, but we are down 3 pitchers on each team. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Supposed to be at a DII invite camp. DD has been complaining of intermittent hip pain since pitching last Saturday morning. This morning she said it was worse. Went to the Orthopedic MD and she severely strained her tendon where it attaches to the hip growth plate. Minimum 2 weeks off and recheck. X Rays didn't show the normal separation of the growth plate from the hip requiring surgery :). No camp for us. College Coach called and seemed very understanding.

I have a free weekend.....

Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery for DD and that there will be another opportunity for her to workout with the DII coach. DD was supposed to do a workout this past Wednesday night with a certain DI coach with a select group of girls from our program and wouldn't you know it the fields were too wet. So they cancelled. Injuries suck and so do rainouts, but it's an opportunity to rest, recover and recharge.

Oct 10, 2011
^^^^^That made me laugh...hard! We're going down to WV to the In-laws for Thanksgiving as soon as DD gets home from school tomorrow. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending upon how you look at it, we have to load up and leave Sunday morning by 6 a.m. in order to get DD back home to drive an additional hour after she changes to play a DH in her indoor HS Winter league. So much for watching my Steelers this weekend. Wait...they're on a buy week. No worries then!
I'm working Sunday...the only Sundays I'll work is when the Steelers are off:)
DD and I are working pretty much the same hours this weekend and we park beside each other and then go our separate ways. They have the weekend off from softball so she said she's trying to get in as many hours as possible.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
Tripleheader today to wrap up fall season (college). Plenty of innings for 4 pitchers and curious to see how coach manages it since previous DH games were basically split evenly.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
No softball this weekend. Have a to-do list a mile long as we are hosting Thanksgiving...looking at 16+ people in my house plus possibly an additional 4 dogs (we have one). :rolleyes:

We are hosting 16+ as well. We have major time constraints. Pretty much all my nieces and nephews have to be at their significant other's by a certain time. So, we have to eat at 12 noon exact. I've never pulled that off before. Typically, everyone gets here at noon and sometime afterward we get to eat. We are going to fix the turkey in a roaster this year. Another first for us. My wife is a very good cook and she is making a desert offering that is staggering. I told her there is no way anyone can eat that much desert afterwards. So, I'm going to feast for a week on desert after they all leave.

BTW, snowing here 20 miles east of St. Louis today. It won't stick but it is very cold, rainy and snowing. Miserable does not do this weather justice! We worked on the softball diamond yesterday, edging the infield and working around the dugout making better on deck areas. Our school has finally broken down and is going to bring in that red playing surface that can handle enormous amounts of water.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
So far so good. Beat a team from Washington and a team from SoCal. If I am seeing the schedule correctly, today we play a team that has the name of a different softball discussion website (with the initials HB). Seriously?? They organized a diamond elite gold team before we did?? C'mon, DFP!!! Time to put a team together!!!!

Mar 26, 2013
So far so good. Beat a team from Washington and a team from SoCal. If I am seeing the schedule correctly, today we play a team that has the name of a different softball discussion website (with the initials HB). ...
Good news and bad news - you're playing at Huntington Beach Complex, however it's now a 2nd-tier 18U site as the top 16U and 18U teams are now at Harvard Park (Irvine). People used to complain about not getting to play at HB, so they changed it and now they complain about not being at Harvard...

Looks like HB org was started with a team his younger DD played on - Minor's Gold Macias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles