Can someone explain the SnF and 45 degree SnF drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hope this helps more?
BrndnStretchnFireFront.gif

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The 45-degree drill is one of my favorite drills.

2ijhxud.gif

YES! I only do the 45 degree then open stance now. Only with front toss, normal pitching, and machine at max speed. No tee.

Typically depending on how much extra work a player is willing to put in, I will do 45 degree snf drill first. Next progression is 45 degree snf with a focus on turning the barrel. Next is 45 degree snf with barrel turn but relaxed at pitch release like with Tewks halfway home drill.

Now that is about the extent of drills I do, and the time spent doing drills is minimal. If a kid is having a problem, we might do a few different drills...walkthrough is probably the next most common we use.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SL, yesterday you said on bbd .

Now today you are instructing dads on stretch and fire...in which the hip must resist firing. You can not both fire the hip and resist firing the hip.
Now I can care less if you want to bust Rich's ba___s, but leave people trying to help their kids out of it. Your daughter is not stretch and firing correctly. Not her fault. She is stretching above her hips, your HAVE to stretch between the rear hip and rear leg.
----your welcome.

First jump down off your high horse.
I will help parents and kids anyway I feel like it will help them. I teach things from what I see and feel.
If you dont like how I do it, who cares... feel free to post your own kid or student doing it the way you think is right
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Thanks, I accept your apology

Straightleg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
First jump down off your high horse.
I will help parents and kids anyway I feel like it will help them. I teach things from what I see and feel.
If you dont like how I do it, who cares... feel free to post your own kid or student doing it the way you think is right

Straightleg

"Sydney was Helped w/ this one!!! :cool:...and all the rest"~PC

358x276.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
First jump down off your high horse.I will help parents and kids anyway I feel like it will help them. I teach things from what I see and feel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Thanks, I accept your apology

Straightleg

I tell RHC all the time to get off of his 'high horse'.
Panda-rides-a-rocking-horse_o_23243.jpg

I hope he listens to you?:rolleyes:

Dec 11, 2010
I think I got it now. The visuals really help me.

I think this and opposite field attack will be a really big additions to our home winter hitting plan.

I see many, many benefits to both.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think I got it now. The visuals really help me.

I think this and opposite field attack will be a really big additions to our home winter hitting plan.
I see many, many benefits to both.

Throw this in also.
Braun_teetogame.gif

ministep.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christian_softballdad3298