Can someone explain the SnF and 45 degree SnF drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
If the gentleman in the video above was hitting a ball, would it be coming straight at the camera? Still trying to figure out right way to do this.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
StretchFire2.gif

Copy this.

I think my DD executes the drill WAY better than this guy. This demo has a big push....:)
First time we did it
http://youtu.be/IUxxoKcDLH4

SL

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I teach it like straightleg’s DD is showing in the video, we also progress from where she begins by adding a slight turn and hit, a slight turn and hit; until we are back facing the mound or in the normal hitting position and hit a few from that position.

IMO it just adds a little wrinkle to the drill.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
SL, yesterday you said on bbd
I teach her to fire the back hip

Now today you are instructing dads on stretch and fire...in which the hip must resist firing. You can not both fire the hip and resist firing the hip.
Now I can care less if you want to bust Rich's ba___s, but leave people trying to help their kids out of it. Your daughter is not stretch and firing correctly. Not her fault. She is stretching above her hips, your HAVE to stretch between the rear hip and rear leg.
----your welcome.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
You see. Now you have someone thanking you for your advice and following it when you know it is wrong...just so you can play net games? I've said no, doesn't work that way. Rich has said doesn't work that way. Swingbuilder has said it doesn't work that way. Ffs has said it doesn't work that way...

Dec 11, 2010
I thanked him because he has enough sack to post his dd in an effort to help others. I don't. He has also helped me on numerous occasions with results that I am more than pleased with with but can't really brag about publicly. Also, it is my habit to thank anyone who takes the time to respond directly to my post. I would have thanked you too if you would have provided an explanation of how the snf YouTube could have been better.

I'm down with the fact that the older dude demonstrating must be someone important to the FFS camp and that his video tells the whole story but I can never figure out where the tee should be in his living room.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I'm down with the fact that the older dude demonstrating must be someone important to the FFS camp and that his video tells the whole story but I can never figure out where the tee should be in his living room.

No one is "camping" certainly not Ffs and the the older dude. That is just it, I am tired of posters wrong advice just to try to play a junior high game. If you really want to learn about SNF great! I truly believe in it and believe the snf drill is a great first step to learning and feeling it. If you haven't spend the time reading the advice that Knight's dd got, it is worth it.

Now SL's video shows his daughter stretching between her shoulders and her hips. Now the snf drill is all about learning to coil or stretch between your rear leg and your rear hip, in the rear hip socket. If you do not resist the hips firing there is no point in stretching or coiling. If you fire your hips, you have lost any advantage of stretching....you are stretching and un stretching or coiling then uncoiling the hip. No point to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez