Can someone explain the SnF and 45 degree SnF drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Yes good stuff.. Hip thrust and resistance

Many do the one legged SNF, like in your post above.
I do more of the two legged SNF drills, like in my post above, and actually in your bottom gif, it is using two legs.

To me it lies rooted in the image below.
snfFront_Torque_254211813_std.jpg

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes good stuff.. Hip thrust and resistance

Many do the one legged SNF, like in your post above.
I do more of the two legged SNF drills, like in my post above, and actually in your bottom gif, it is using two legs.

To me it lies rooted in the image below.
View attachment 8176

I was chatting with some golfers today and they were discussing a concept called "X-factor Stretch". The resident pro at the club they belong to uses this during his lessons. Their explanation reminded me of this picture. Can any of the scratch golfers out there elaborate? Golf is not my sport...

Jun 18, 2010
GolfXFactorAngle.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Of coarse the x factor is a bit different in the swing as our lower , turns more and upper not so much, but still building the x factor.
View attachment 8184

The SNF type drill gets a batter to feel this stretch resistance winding.

this brand new 12 year old is trying the SNF 45, by standing open, and pulling back, it (the x factor) actually pulls her foot off the ground.
lexisnfgif-S.gif

She hit one Wednesday 210 feet, using her drill above in a game live pitching. (she has not slept since)
Now I can teach her how to coil and sit, into the SNF.
I would be curious to see how the X's change with the MLS(major league swing, RH) as to golf.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619