It’s not all about fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2019
Whatever you believe in please 🙏 for Tylie. She is a pitcher and an amazing great niece. I have had a serious challenge in my life, so I’m very in tune with challenges. You hear about this happening, this is at our front door and very real.

Thank you

We were asked for 3 words to describe Tylie. We couldn't settle on 3. Tylie is Fiesty, Loving
Strong, Nurturing, Gracious, Confident, and slightly Bossy-her Dad's word choice. She has always been my one that loves hard and fights hard. We have called her Little Homer or Granny Pancake since she was 2 years old, because she has been telling us how things are going to go since then.

Tylie was having some subtle symptoms that we took her in to have a MRI for. They found a cancerous brain tumor on her brain stem. I feel like God was pushing me to have these small things looked at and even mentally preparing me enough to pack a bag for Ty and I the night of the MRI. I, however, wasn't prepared for the diagnosis. Dr. Dalan at nw peds, saw us on Tuesday and got us an MRI by Thursday. He went above and beyond. God has opened doors and been by our side every step. We have prayed and begged for his guidance while making big decisions and He showed up. This is not going to be easy, watching your baby girl go through things no child should have to is hard, and we are only a week in.

We believe in a mighty God that can do the impossible. That is our prayer. We pray she beats this through God's miraculous healing or that He guides them to a cure now.

Tylie knows it is serious and that it is brain cancer and that it is difficult to heal but we have the most amazing team at Seattle Children's and she knows God is right by her side. Since the symptoms were still so mild, if you look at Tylie or watch her ride the motorcycle, kick the soccer ball, run and play with her friends, you wouldn't know she was in this battle. She wants to go to school and do everything she can. Thankfully the Drs. have said yes! Do everything you feel like doing Tylie.

We started radiation yesterday and she was a Rockstar. Our first journey is 6 weeks of radiation 5x a week in Seattle. Next is 4 weeks of waiting and a follow up MRI. We will be praying for complete healing at this time. If that is not God's will yet, we will be looking at CAR-T cell clinical trials in Seattle. This tumor is rare and we are literally with one of less than 10 Drs. in the United States that specialize in it. He has also helped start clinical trials for other hospitals, such as St. Judes.

The prognosis isn't great and if you search the technical name, it won't be good news, but truth be told, God has given me a peace like I never dreamed. I don't feel like, if HE heals her, I feel like when HE heals her.

On my bedside table sits a scripture calendar I got a long time ago, possibly 2 years ago now. I rarely flip through it but Tanner changes it for me sometimes. Had I been at home that morning after the diagnosis and seen the scripture for Sept. 8th, it said,

Do not be afraid or discouraged....this battle is not your battle, It is God's. II Chronicles 20:15 NCV

He is showing up and He has given me family and friends that I could never find the words to truly justify how amazing they are. Tylie is not impressed by me asking evey believer in the world to pray for her, but, I told her that's what Mama's do. We would forever be grateful if you would pray for complete healing for our sweet Tylie girl.
Praying for you and your family, Shawn.

May 20, 2015
please show her this story:

It's a different story with a different cancer I'm sure, but it is similar enough to hopefully provide some comfort.....Alexis graduated last year (our team knocked her out of the playoffs), but she is playing this year at a community college here in Maine.....

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok after chemotherapy this is the result,

The tumor has shrunk and the cells inside are dying. No new cancer cells have grown anywhere else. All good things. It is not completely gone but it looks quite a bit better, even Tylie could see the improvement on her MRI comparisons from Sept 7th and todays.

Specific prayers for continued healing and guidance. We pray God makes the next step in Tylie’s treatment a clear choice. May He open the doors we are to go through and close the ones not intended for us.

❤️ Thank you so much for praying for Tylie and all of us. We are forever grateful to each of you.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
We are praising the Lord for some good news. The tumor is significantly smaller and the coloring is much better than before. They were happy with the improvement from the previous scan. Thank you to every prayer warrior battling for us and storming Heavens gates.

We can’t truly tell if everything being seen is dead on the MRI. It could be, but unless you went in and removed the tissue to test it you wouldn’t know. Which isn’t possible without significant risks. To wait and see if the tumor grew by watching for symptoms or another MRI would be risky.

How will we know it’s gone? The healthy tissue would need to absorb all the dead tissue which takes time.

Our next step will be to start the immunotherapy trial. Continuing to pray that God completely heals and removes the tumor. We are grateful the trial is in Seattle and not California or France. To say we do not take this for granted is an understatement, especially after the difficulty we had with the cells to start. God has been with us in every detail. We know this must be part of His plan.

The Drs are very happy she is starting the trial doing so well with good results. We are very grateful to see so much healing and know God is with us every step of the way. Thank you for your continued prayers❤️

#tylietough #godiswithher #mightyfighter #prayerwarrior #prayer #jericho #herfightisourfight #miracleshappen #prayingforamiracle #circlemaker #john14 #2kings #waymaker #miracleworker #firmfoundation #jesús #holyspirit #faith #nothingisimpossiblewithgod #believe #testimony #Luke5 #Exodus1413

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles