Zepp Swing Analyzer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
zepp

I thought about doing that but I think your bat path would look terrible and the speed at impact would be off.

Would it not show the bat path to point of contact? Also, does it track slow motion?
I'm probably not the right person to ask because I'm just figuring it out also. I would think it would show the correct bat path at contact on a bag but I just tried a slow motion swing and it didn't register. Has anyone else tried it? It might need to have a significant impact to register.

Oct 25, 2009
I'm probably not the right person to ask because I'm just figuring it out also. I would think it would show the correct bat path at contact on a bag but I just tried a slow motion swing and it didn't register. Has anyone else tried it? It might need to have a significant impact to register.

Suddenly, I'm wondering how much is being measured and how much is being assumed.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
This devise measures g force, so no, a slow mo swing will not register. In fact if a kid swings and misses, the Zepp will usually not measure that swing either. It needs to feel some contact to typically register.
It will show you immediate results in speed and quality based on small tweaks. I played around with different grips, stride lengths, rotation, and hand paths. Ive turned the barrel, stretch and fired, happy Gilmore'd, and everything else, trying to see what's the most effective for me. It gives real data after every swing. I've found my best swing. I'm now averaging approx 95mph after all the tweaking, when I first got it I couldn't get it over 80mph. You'll realize the same if you get one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2009
This devise measures g force, so no, a slow mo swing will not register. In fact if a kid swings and misses, the Zepp will usually not measure that swing either. It needs to feel some contact to typically register.
It will show you immediate results in speed and quality based on small tweaks. I played around with different grips, stride lengths, rotation, and hand paths. Ive turned the barrel, stretch and fired, happy Gilmore'd, and everything else, trying to see what's the most effective for me. It gives real data after every swing. I've found my best swing. I'm now averaging approx 95mph after all the tweaking, when I first got it I couldn't get it over 80mph. You'll realize the same if you get one too.

Did you know your speed before? Do you believe that is pretty close to your actual speed? Or can it be tweaked or misadjusted to give a false speed?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
We tried it tonight and I didn't tell her to stay still and she has active hands. I guess that's one of several reasons her bat path looked weird and her numbers were all over the place. I can't wait to get out again to adjust it.

Yes .... active hands can lead to a faulty reading.

You can still have 'active hands' and get a suitable reading though. Take note of the 3-sec calibration. The software seems to want to see a similar pause at that calibration point, and then you can resume the 'active hands' and swing.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The devise can't be tweaked. Adjustment within your swing is what's changed. My swing was averaging approx. 75mph before... I then changed a few things, specifically, I focused on keeping a smaller hand path by not allowing any movement away from my body. Then I kept a very loose grip in the fingers, And finally I paid way more attention to my legs and core, really crackin the nut.... and after each small victory I noted it, and moved on to the next tweak. Once the 3-4 tweaks were all applied, I'm now averaging 95mph with an occasional 100 or sometimes even a 70. It will have a crazy high or low swing every so often.

Oct 10, 2011
FYI regarding swing speed. When I was talking to the owner of Swing Speed Radar about a year ago, he told me that the fastest swing speed that he had seen in the last year at events etc... was 72. That included some of the ladies that played on top level college teams. The 72 was actually a retired player but I can't remember if it was Mendozza or someone else. At a D1 hitting camp we attended, the top was 69 for High School and I believe the top Ball Exit Speed at Pennsbury was 74 and that was over 5-600 girls (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
FYI regarding swing speed. When I was talking to the owner of Swing Speed Radar about a year ago, he told me that the fastest swing speed that he had seen in the last year at events etc... was 72. That included some of the ladies that played on top level college teams. The 72 was actually a retired player but I can't remember if it was Mendozza or someone else. At a D1 hitting camp we attended, the top was 69 for High School and I believe the top Ball Exit Speed at Pennsbury was 74 and that was over 5-600 girls (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Not saying your wrong at all here, but those numbers of high 60s to low 70s seem awful low. Maybe the zepp is saying higher than actual numbers???

Oct 10, 2011
Not saying your wrong at all here, but those numbers of high 60s to low 70s seem awful low. Maybe the zepp is saying higher than actual numbers???
I think either Zepp runs high, or the other is low. If you look at NFCA numbers...and those are some legit players, you'll see. At the University of Tennessee in my daughter's age group last year, the highest was 69 and there were a lot of girls there also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission