Zepp Swing Analyzer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
If you download Finch's numbers I believe you'll see that she was in the low 70s ... with one swing at 74mph swing.

You figure Finch is a former Olympian.
Just an FYI that DD's college team used Zepp this week and the team average bat speed off a tee was 65 mph. DD's average was 70 using a -9 bat and 2 girls were mid to high 70's.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Think is a great device for taking checkpoints, not necessarily using every time. Sort of ignore the time to impact as my daughters long load and extra hand action seems to confuse it. She rarely has timing issues.

I think Zepp, or someone else, should be able to create a good method for selecting a bat using the device. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to come up with some heuristics whether adding an ounce would be beneficial or not.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
I have been using the video for batting and pitching. Comparisons for batting are very useful. Just being able to sit back and replay at slomo is worth the price. And there seems to be plenty more i haven't really gotten into.

Jul 26, 2016
BTW I'm very sceptical about the zepp batspeeds. my highest reads with the swingspeed Radar was about 84 and with zepp I hit 90+ several times (one time even 100 but I consider that a misread). zepp is a nice tool for the attack angle and even the time to Impact (although I doubt that accuracy too) but not sure I would buy into the batspeed.

still good to track improvements, just throw out occasional big misreads.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
BTW I'm very sceptical about the zepp batspeeds. my highest reads with the swingspeed Radar was about 84 and with zepp I hit 90+ several times (one time even 100 but I consider that a misread). zepp is a nice tool for the attack angle and even the time to Impact (although I doubt that accuracy too) but not sure I would buy into the batspeed.

still good to track improvements, just throw out occasional big misreads.

That's been my experience with my unit thus far. It accurate most of the time, but you have to throw out the 10% anomalies.

Oct 10, 2011
That's been my experience with my unit thus far. It accurate most of the time, but you have to throw out the 10% anomalies.

Yes, even Zepp customer service said that bad readings are fairly common because the impact sometimes messes up the electronic readings. She just said to throw out the crazy ones and the the more swings the better to get a good average.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00