Wow, Pitcher intentionally hits a batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
And, just to make sure we knew it was intentional, the 2nd baseman high fived her after the pitch, while my DD was gasping for air at home plate.

Where the hell were the umpires? BOTH players should have been ejected for that. Probably the coach with them.

Problem is when umpires don't police the game, the players take it into their own hands. I assure you, as a pitcher, if that incident had happened, the second base would be getting it next at bat. Not the pitcher (too obvious) but the little cow who high fived her. I hate doing it, but if you're going to start it, I'll finish it.

I watched a good friend get taken out at a state championship prelim with a beanball to the head. She had braces on and it was quite nasty. Unforunatly this team only had her as a pitcher and they lost, but when the offending team got to the grand final, their own pitcher got taken out first ball at bat. It's taken quite seriously here and if your own team can't finish it, a friend on the next team will. There was only one or two associations who did it, but after that incident that particular team stopped doing it.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Some serious speculation. The one point I really liked was the difference between baseball and softball. Why do they think our girls cannot stand up to others?

"Chin music", hit batter or not, is one of the dumbest things ever to occur in either game. Then again, it is a reflection of the ludicrous mentality throughout the country that believe losing one's ability to control themselves is permissible in a sports venue.

You want to "stand up" for a teammate? Do it in the scorebook, otherwise it is just a waste of a pitch that could literally KILL someone.

Oct 19, 2009
We have many players we face that crowed the plate and I tell my daughter the plate belongs to her including the inside. She rarely hits a batter, but it does happen, it upsets her when she does it’s usually a screw that gets away from her I tell her forget it one pitch at a time.

She was pitching in a game and the mound was horrible condition, rubber was coming up and it was slick, she walked first three batters one she hit and the kid had to be taken to the hospital. Our coach complained and we switched fields and she SO the next three. Some of the parents were vocal during the game about the kid being hit, no one felt worse that my daughter and at one points was crying about it.

Another time she hit the other pitcher, the ball hit the ground shipped and hit her in the shin. Her next bat she was hit in the ribs, her only comment was, that was intentional.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
We have many players we face that crowed the plate and I tell my daughter the plate belongs to her including the inside. She rarely hits a batter, but it does happen, it upsets her when she does it’s usually a screw that gets away from her I tell her forget it one pitch at a time.

She was pitching in a game and the mound was horrible condition, rubber was coming up and it was slick, she walked first three batters one she hit and the kid had to be taken to the hospital. Our coach complained and we switched fields and she SO the next three. Some of the parents were vocal during the game about the kid being hit, no one felt worse that my daughter and at one points was crying about it.

Another time she hit the other pitcher, the ball hit the ground shipped and hit her in the shin. Her next bat she was hit in the ribs, her only comment was, that was intentional.

100% agree...when you crowd then plate, there is a chance you might get hit and that's part of the game and it's not intentional!

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
I get more suspicious of this as time goes on. It seems when dd is on with her pitching...she gets hit more.

First tournament was weekend before last. Playing a very good 16a team. DD is pitching great...movement on balls great...hitting spots great and catcher was calling a great game.

4th inning kaboom! Only batter hit the whole game. She doesn't crowd the plate...so there is nothing to push back. This ball was so far off the mark it made me suspicious. Pticher and coaches reaction made me a little suspicious.

We already wear a hockey pad for the front knee after a couple severe blows to that knee. Now we have got to deal with this...and ease up so we can heal.

2011-04-03_22-26-56_237-1.jpg

She went on to a great game...7so, 0 bb, 1 h, 0 runs. She tried to pitch game three but it was affecting her. Co incidences like this just drive me nuts and hopefully no one condones it at any level.

Oct 19, 2009
Wow that looks bad, be sure and take cafe of that.

My daughter feels the same way, she gets hit a lot and she is a good hitter and she can be dominant when she has a good day. Has not been hit this year so far, but in the past has gotten hit a number of times, even in the same game and like your daughter does not crowd the plate.

Sorry had to take care of business but wanted to add.
I pitch softty balls or rolled up socks at her to get her used to dodging pitches, this gets her hit less and more confident at the plate thinking she can get out of the way of pitches.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We were playing last week and my dd was coming up to bat. I told our coaches that she was going to get drilled. No one believed me. I told them I heard the coach say so. So, they wanted to know if I should warn my dd. I said no. Let her hit. She came up with runners at 1st and 2nd. They hit her with the first pitch. We went on to score 5 runs that inning. Why would anyone call for an intentonal bean ball?

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Peppers...i told her if she hadn't of tried to get out of the way...it would of hit that front hockey pad!! :) She didn't think i was funny.

Cannonball...you are a better man than i. I can't imagine if i actually heard the coach say that....what i would say or do. I can envision either...the police...or him running and me chasing him with a bucket of balls...throwing at him hard as i can and asking if he likes that! :)

I too don't understand how anyone can call such a thing!

Nov 1, 2009
You can't run up the score on a good team. Teach your team how to play good defense and even a superior team won't score at will. Why would you put another runner on base? This whole thing sounds fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if this pitcher has had other issues with the coach.

Sep 3, 2009
You can't run up the score on a good team. Teach your team how to play good defense and even a superior team won't score at will. Why would you put another runner on base? This whole thing sounds fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if this pitcher has had other issues with the coach.

Same reason you'd intentionally walk a good 4spot with two on. Though the walk is a little less controversial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32