Why do tournament directors do this ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
It's the gate fee and concessions. Everybody comes back on Sunday, twice as much revenue at the gate.... and if you get up early after playing late, you may not have time for a good breakfast. Back to back games, no coolers allowed, everybody has to eat and buy drinks at the concession stand. Some call it smart planning (the ones making money), and others call it greed (the ones paying).

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It's the gate fee and concessions. Everybody comes back on Sunday, twice as much revenue at the gate.... and if you get up early after playing late, you may not have time for a good breakfast. Back to back games, no coolers allowed, everybody has to eat and buy drinks at the concession stand. Some call it smart planning (the ones making money), and others call it greed (the ones paying).

This is when you send your catchers in wearing their gear and then bring in their roller bags stuffed with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Feb 8, 2009
In the famous words from Navin Johnson (Steve Martin's character in "The Jerk"), "Oh, I get it! It's a profit scam!"
From now on, I need to remember to charge grandparents who have trouble getting around for a ride on the cart . I need to remember to charge the coach for rearranging the schedule 2 days before the tournament to accommodate carpool issues. I need to remember to incorporporate a gate fee, even though we've never charged one despite the fact our entry fees are about the same as everybody elses'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32