Where To Stand in The Box

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
I am not sure how far front 'front' is or how far back 'back is. I've taught my DD to have her front foot in line with where the angle changes on the plate. Frankly because this is where I felt comfortable. I feel like it gives as much time to see the ball while also having the 'hitting zone' still be a strike.

May 12, 2016
I have a feeling that @RADcatcher will love me for this one, only time I stand at the back of the box and on the plate is when I am trying to impede the catcher from doing their job.. anything to give my base runner a couple of feet, :). Of course this can't be an identifiable pattern either.

Oct 26, 2019
@julray I may have occasionally swung through a pitch late just to keep the catcher back a little longer in that same vein.

Oct 26, 2019
@pattar If it’s a good pitch to hit and the runner is running put a swing on it. The worst thing you can do is take a pitch down the middle and give the catcher the easy throw

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar If it’s a good pitch to hit and the runner is running put a swing on it. The worst thing you can do is take a pitch down the middle and give the catcher the easy throw
To be honest I remember very little from my playing days. I am sure I had to bunt,hit and run etc but I don't remember any of that...I only remember 3 ABs in my whole career. Two were good memories, the third got my rear sat on the bench after the coach told me that the pitch I swung at for a 3rd strike was a ball and I told him "No shirt.."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619