Where should you hit the ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
julray said: no point swinging for the entire ball
giphy.gif

'Aim small' miss BIG..............................

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
That's why they make little wiffle balls and even machines that throw little wiffle balls. Tell the hitter to visualize there is a marble in the center of the ball and they have to hit the marble. Aim small.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
giphy.gif

'Aim small' miss BIG..............................
rdbass, please enlighten us in plain English. I have a hard time decoding your post. LOL.

Oh and bye the way do you have that gif where the college aged hitter is in the batting cage and she points the barrel of the bat at the pitcher and hit the snot out of it and says " that's a hr in any ball park"

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
That's why they make little wiffle balls and even machines that throw little wiffle balls. Tell the hitter to visualize there is a marble in the center of the ball and they have to hit the marble. Aim small.
Practicing hitting 'spots' on a ball I'm fine with. But, I thought we were discussing REAL game pitched balls.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When working with hitters I have made all types of suggestions. I especially like the Ryan Braun (low inside part of ball) when a hitter hits around the ball instead of behind and through the ball. A focus on that location combined with a tight HPP leads to a better barrel path in my opinion.

When in a game, just hit the $>%& ball. Hit it hard someplace.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd