When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My sense on the issue and prayer is high school will resume games early to mid may pushing back playoffs and state championships into late june early july. I would think that as soon as UIL releases kids to play the tournaments will follow immediately.
This possibility will conflict with travel ball showcasing.
Which may not affect some players.
Certainly have students that will want to do travel without exception!

Really glad to be looking fowrad to softball.

Uncertain of which states at this time are doing better to consider yet opening schools
again in april?

Calif still trying to get everyone to comply with distance so?

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Location, location, location....Some areas will start much earlier than others. SoCal will have the crazy coaches trying to get in secret friendlies by April 18th. That is just a guess.
That may be a nice hope,
Not sure how realistic or smart tho?

Dec 11, 2010
I think there may be a difference between playing outside on the dirt and sleeping in your own bed

vs.

playing outside on the dirt and staying in a hotel room and eating in restaurants.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
It will be interesting to see what happens if they do decide to extend the high school season later, say into June (assuming things are back to semi-normal by then). It would definitely be a conflict with the travel season and could create tremendous friction between high school and travel ball - exponentially more than there may be right now. Players will be forced to choose. Some who elect to go with travel over high school could be punished for high school ball in 2021. In less-populated areas, some high school teams may not even have enough players left to put a team together if their players opt for travel.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Would like to know if schools will offer SAT and ACT testing.
That is a neccessary recruitment tool.
Even if schools dont re-open and stay online.

:) Can they please make an announcement on that by the end of this month? maybe we'll know in april ?

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
It will be interesting to see what happens if they do decide to extend the high school season later, say into June (assuming things are back to semi-normal by then). It would definitely be a conflict with the travel season and could create tremendous friction between high school and travel ball - exponentially more than there may be right now. Players will be forced to choose. Some who elect to go with travel over high school could be punished for high school ball in 2021. In less-populated areas, some high school teams may not even have enough players left to put a team together if their players opt for travel.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Agreed, I am hoping some rules would be flexible as far as allowing school ballplayers to participate in TB if school ball pushes into July.

What I am seeing on this forum is TB being a lot more important to many people than school ball so if they do not cooperate a lot of schools, players, and teams will suffer.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
In texas the state championship is generally a week or 2 after graduation anyways so I don't think adding time would be much of a concern. but from what I understand UIL has plan B, C, D, E, AND F IN PLACE.

Yea most states that have spring softball have championships after graduation but when you consider we are going to be 3-4 weeks minimum already behind schedule this would push school ball finishing in early July. This will create a ton of issues.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Yea most states that have spring softball have championships after graduation but when you consider we are going to be 3-4 weeks minimum already behind schedule this would push school ball finishing in early July. This will create a ton of issues.

I hope that schools / districts that start their spring seasons late are practical in not expecting a schedule that would be comparable to a typical season. For example, play only conference games and forego non-conference games. Allow games 7 days a week if needed. That way the season can end at the end of the school year instead of extending beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 20, 2016
TB being a lot more important to many people than school ball

We've told the school coach that if they schedule weekend games and we have a tourny we will not be at the game. DD prioritizes TB over school ball. I'm just the driver and ATM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying