When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Dec 11, 2010
Ken I agree- a buddy and I had this conversation yesterday. I think they would be setting a precedent that only applies to world wide pandemics. I think that IHSA has not as blatantly tried to compete with tb as some other states and now is no time to start.

Locally, we are lucky, have good drainage. Probably missed out on 3-5 games so far but last year I believe we had only played a game or two by now. We couldn't drain off the snow lol

Feb 15, 2017
Problem with this whole deal from a high school season running into travel ball is Title 9. Whatever decision they make can’t treat softball and baseball differently. Why does that matter? Pitch counts and wear and tear on the arms. No way will they allow an overlap. No way to monitor what is happening between travel and school and that would definitely put kids arms at risk. Heck Im not sure Id want my daughter playing 5-6 days a week because of the same concern being a pitcher. I think in IL school ball is a total wash and travel starts back up in June. As much as that pains me....

Feb 7, 2014
Whether high school or travel ball I'd love to see a scenario where seasons are played at five to six games a week spread over the same number of days. Instead of three to five games a day the way the travel season typically is.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Watch what happens with Football. The NCAA and its member schools took a huge financial hit when they cancelled March Madness. If there in no Football in the Fall, there will be no Softball in the Spring.

Apr 28, 2014
Watch what happens with Football. The NCAA and its member schools took a huge financial hit when they cancelled March Madness. If there in no Football in the Fall, there will be no Softball in the Spring.
Here's a good article that speaks to some of the college impact

Mar 10, 2020
Apr 6, 2019
Michigan reportedly will declare all schools closed until June within the next several days. (At the moment they 'tentatively' plan to go back April 13 but pretty much all agree this is far-fetched.)

For all intents and purposes this probably means August; I haven't heard any serious discussion on holding school -- or spring sports -- during the summer months.

It will depend on what kind of distancing and group activities are allowed. You cannot play softball without at least occasional body contact and approaching within 6 feet.

Jun 8, 2016

Supposedly this was the modeling that made Trump up the Federal guideline to April 30. The data shown is only for resource usage, deaths per day and total deaths but resource usage can probably be used to give some idea of where they think (based upon the current data) your state will be in terms of the amount of virus present over a period of time.

Edit:
"The model, for example, assumes that officials will limit social contact through May: closing schools, enacting stay-at-home measures, and limiting travel and non-essential business. For states that don't implement at least three of the four measures, the model's estimates for hospital usage and deaths will go up."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23