When to play music between innings?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
that was one rule we had, no repeats in lineups, would rotate day to day if same song picked by multiple girls.

We asked for songs and all the girls requested the same one. Whatever was popular that week. Then when we asked for backups half of them picked the same one again. :-D

May 6, 2015
We asked for songs and all the girls requested the same one. Whatever was popular that week. Then when we asked for backups half of them picked the same one again. :-D
sounds like you need each girl to given a dozen or so picks

Nov 18, 2015
My daughter couldn't decide before our first tournament last June. So I picked for her.

She got "School's out for Summer" by Alice Cooper.

It's not always just about the parents. :)

Disclaimer: While coaching 3B, I've also walked over to our teams bleachers b/w batters and lowered the volume myself. I have no desire to be "that team".

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Confession time. My daughter's team does warms ups to music. Her song of choice? Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill. Nevermind I was their age when that album came out. (Yes, they had albums back then), I'm not sure they know what Brass Monkey is to boot.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Seems like it is just another opportunity for adults to insert themselves into the event. Just can't show up to watch and support, have to hover the helicopter and be part of it.

I ASSURE you that the team didn't pay $100+ for a waterproof, bluetooth speaker so that coaches and parents could listen to "Old Town Road" or "The Git Up" :sick::sick::sick:. In fact, with our kids, they asked for music for months and we told them they had to win something first.

I get it- you (and many others) don't like it, but that's an unfair reach.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
OsDad, I think you make fair points. I wouldn’t begrudge any kid for having fun. This brings me back to a point I like to make here: everyone’s point of view here is different. There isn’t any one right answer. It’s been a long time since I’ve been around 10’s and 12’s. Playing for fun means something totally different to me. Softball isn’t really a social experience for me. No team my dd’s have played for in the past 5 years were there for anything but to enjoy playing sb at the highest level they could. I know that’s not the same for all, and it wasn’t always that way for me. That’s ok.

I’m being honest here. I just don’t like it. I bet there are plenty of people who think it’s obnoxious but don’t say it out loud.

I think this is what all of this boils down to, and that's entirely fair. I agree and don't think there is necessarily any single right or wrong answer outside of the fact that when it's obscene, TOO loud, or poorly timed. The irony being that all three of those are subjective as well and we could spend a full thread on each, arguing about all of it.

Let's be honest- that's the fun part for most of us :LOL:

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
On a side note. While all of the team was singing along to various hip hop songs during training my DD was rocking a Metallica shirt.

cbd58c602c4b779aab546bad2d1e8dd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
what about walkup music? 2018 nationals, my older DD put walkup song each player on younger DDs team selected, played it as walk up music. girls loved it, 10u at the time, ranged from ACDC dirty deeds to pink fluffy unicorns (do not google that, you cannot unhear it)

I know I've used many different songs for walkup music. I've used stuff from ACDC's Thunderstruck to Metallica's Unforgiven. From The Scorpion's The Zoo to Pharrell William's Happy. But, I made the mistake of googling Pink Fluffy Unicorns at 1 am this morning after finishing my math homework and having some downtime drinking Chamomile tea before going to sleep. Your right...you can't unhear it. I had that song stuck in my head playing in a loop while I was in the lab and all I could picture was dancing pink unicorns while working with different chemicals. I was Skyping with my 6-year-old cousin in California and she loved the song. Then again...she got PinkFong's Baby Shark stuck in my head.

Jun 8, 2016
If I had walk up music when I was a teenager it would have been Too $hort, NWA or Easy E..that would have went over well 😆

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06