When to play music between innings?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Just a quick vent from today's tournament.....
First I will say that music between innings does not bother me and depending on the genre a lot of it I like. Tonight was a first for us in total bush league antics. Opposing team was playing music (again not an issue) between innings, but would occasionally (once or twice an inning) would "accidentally" start a song then shut it right back off while our pitcher was starting her motion. Complaints were brushed off, by blue, as an accidental.
But, my biggest issue was the sound effects after strike outs (cash register ringing) or outs (OH Yeah) and various other sound effects. It really seemed low class, in my opinion.
Did not affect the game, just seemed trashy and low.
In my opinion, I agree that this was low class and trashy. My impression is that some parent/s thought that they were being cool and/or trying to influence the game which also means that they lacked faith in their team to get the job done on their own. I have found that these types of parents aren't around the game for long. About 14U-16U their dds drop out of the game.

May 29, 2015
Wow ... thankfully I haven’t had to shut that sh ... I mean, I haven’t encountered that.

I had brought up an experience about a month ago with two teams battling it out for a brief moment before we shut them down. Had one of those teams last week. DJ DahDee and his pre-recorded batter announcements asked me the first game to let him know if it was too loud. I just kind of frowned.

The next game I had them, he wasn’t at the game. Nor was the audio entourage. But ... but ... but ... it’s for the kids! Except when it’s not.

How long before they start playing commercials for their sponsors? “Little Lucy’s at bat is being brought to you by the local law firm of Dewey, Cheathem, and Howe. Don’t get called out, call the legal team that fights for you!”

Nov 11, 2019
The correct answer is never especially once you get past 12U, but hey, that isn't going to stop anyone in the wild west of parents in 12U and younger.

Do whatever you want. There is no rule on who gets to play music or when. Try not to be obnoxious. Turn it off whenever the game is actually in play. Control your volume. Don't overplay someone else already playing. If a game official tells you to turn it off, turn it off.

I love when people claim 'the girls love it' but 99% of the music is suspiciously from the parent's youth.
And please, stay away from “announcing” the girls as they bat, again.....bush league

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12